[SOLVED] Zotac 2060 AMP Too Loud?

ChaZz182

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
Hello,

I just replaced my RX480 (with a blower style cooler) with a Zotac 2060 AMP yesterday. My old 480 was almost silent unless I was running a demanding game, while I can hear the fans from the 2060 even at the desktop. I haven't tried any games with the new card yet, but I have run a few benchmarks and it didn't seem to get any louder under a higher load.

I checked the temperatures and it's under 30 Celsius at the desktop, and the fan are spinning at around 40%. It tried to use the MSI After Burner and Zotac Firestorm to lower the fans, but it seems like you can't lower them below 40%, even if the temperatures fine and your just sitting on the desktop.

It's not a big deal or anything, I more just wanted to make that there wasn't anything wrong and this was normal. It would be nice if I could get it to run quieter, but if not I'll probably get used to it in a while.

Thanks!

Solution
Some GPU's have a zero dBA feature that turns off the fans when it's not needed while others start at 40%, your card follows the later. As long as the GPU stays within a reasonable noise range then I see no reason to get rid of it or replace it but everyone has different sensitivity to sound. Heaven benchmark or gaming should give you a good idea of what the max noise would be.

WildCard999

Titan
Some GPU's have a zero dBA feature that turns off the fans when it's not needed while others start at 40%, your card follows the later. As long as the GPU stays within a reasonable noise range then I see no reason to get rid of it or replace it but everyone has different sensitivity to sound. Heaven benchmark or gaming should give you a good idea of what the max noise would be.

Solution

ChaZz182

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll get use to it. I was just surprized how much louder it was to what I was used too.