Portal

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Portal.
  1. H

    Acrylic or Aluminium Case

    I want to build an All In One computer, and can't find a case I like, would i be better (and easier) to make an acrylic 3mm case to attach to the vesa mounts, or try bending aluminium (have tools at work) which would be, cooler, cheaper, and better? I'll only use a CPU fan, no other fans, and a...
  2. T

    1080p 144Hz OR 2K (2560 x 1440)

    1080p have 1ms response 2k have 2ms response For gaming!
  3. R

    Supermicro H8DAE CPU Upgrade

    Hello Experts and Happy New Year, So I have an older server that I use for home file storage and runs a couple apps. As the apps have been getting updated, I am seeing some performance issues. It was suggested that i look into upgrading CPUs. It currently has 2 single core AMD Opteron 250s...
  4. T

    What's a Good Program to Monitor System Temps?

    I've just built my first computer, and the case has a nice built in fan controller, but I want to be able to make sure that I don't ever have it too low. Is there some program that you guys know of that I can use to monitor my system temperatures and ensure that they stay cool? I'm not sure how...
  5. D

    Looking for a budget gaming pc

    I want to buy a game pc for my birthday and it needs to be around 600-700$. I have one good bold with an i5 4690k and a mdi gtx 760, but thats around 800$. If you can pick me a pc with around that specs and a cheap price it would be great. PS: I am going to play minecraft, CS:GO and maybe...
  6. K

    My pc did not turn on

    I clean my pc form dust by take off all the fans and cable. Some of them clean with piece of cloth. When i do assemble the back, my pc did not turn on. There are mobo's light but the fans and the system did not make it. I do not think it is about cables or wire resit properly. Is my pc damaged...
  7. D

    Best H97 Motherboard to get?

    Hi, do you recommend any H97 motherboard that I should get? My primary use of my computer is gaming and photo editing. I am not overclocking which is why I've decided to go with a H97 motherboard. However, I might get the Z97 A motherboard if needed. The few H97 motherboard that I am interested...
  8. Michiel85

    Fans keep spinning after shutdown

    Hi people, I've been installing a new system the last couple of days and I can't seem to get it working properly. One of the troubles, is that all case fans and the CPU cooler fan keep spinning after completely shutting down the pc. I've read in various post in different fora that my...
  9. C

    Buying new graphic card

    Hi there. I wanna buy a new graphic card for gaming for my PC. My PC spec is: CPU AMD PHENUM II X3 710 2.6GHz RAM 2*2G GEIL 1066MHz DDR III CL 7 MB ASUS M7A78T-E VGA GAINWARD 9500GT 1GB 128 Bit DDR II HDD Seagate 1TB PW GREEN 535W MONITOR LGW1943S 18.5” CASE GREEN MIDI6C28 DVD RW HP I've...
  10. H

    missing NTLDR restart

    I am running xp and wanted to upgrade to vista so I download iso from trusted source made a usb boot disk and all i get is NTLDR hit any key to restart please help
  11. A

    Base Build : Looking for some expert advice

    I've managed to find a build recommended by a respected member, I have ever so slightly tweaked it, adding my preferred operating system and removing un-needed peripherals. The problem is. although I have some experience in building and repairing computers I am practically blind when it comes to...
  12. S

    Built first computer, need fan placement appraisal, advice

    I built my first computer a couple weeks ago. While it did run well for those weeks, I am now running into some GPU problems involving pink screens and crashing when my GPU reaches a certain temperature (But only when playing intensive games!) It doesn't help that we're in the middle of summer...
  13. X

    pc boots to black screen

    i have a custom built pc that I made and its been working nice for around at least 6 months however earlier on today I tried to open chrome like normal and it wouldn't open so I just thought glitch and restarted my pc to which it loaded up but after the logo screen it just goes to a black screen...
  14. T

    Old Am2+ CPU question.

    http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K9A2_Platinum.html#hero-specification This is my motherboard and I am looking for the best cpu I can put into it. I currently have a Athlon x2 6400+ dual core at 3.2 in it and was wondering if the Phenom ii x4 series is much faster and supported?
  15. T

    New Graphics Card not working

    I have an HP Pavilion HPE H8-1120 desktop computer. (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03019166&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en#N589) These are all the specifics about the PC. The graphics card I'm trying to install is (http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=01G-P4-2751-KR). So...
  16. T

    Best PC gamepad

    Hey guys i want a gamepad for my pc, thinking of xbox 360 controller wireless, any better options
  17. B

    GPU Not Powering

    Ive just recently finished installing my new Mobo and CPU (AMD FX8350) and ive hooked everything up right and all correct, Power up and the GPU doesnt power up at all. I don't even get display. also the mobo im using doesn't even have a display port (VGA or DVI) So im litterly at my wits end...
  18. U

    300-400 $ gaming build

    What is the best gaming PC I can build to play the latest games on medium at 30 FPS for 300-400$. I don't need peripherals, monitor, optical drive or OS included in the rig.
  19. T

    Can i crossfire matrix hd 7970 with r9 280x with 850w psu?

    Can i crossfire matrix hd 7970 with r9 280x with 850w psu?
  20. C

    Graphic Card Making The Computer Restart.

    So, I had a GTX 570 on my computer for almost 2 years without a problem, but last month the computer started to restart without aparently reason. I tought it was due to overheating, so I cleaned it interior and changed the thermal paste from both the CPU and the graphic card, but it didnt solved...
  21. S

    Is this a good build?

    I would like to make a pc that will run games like cod ghosts and assassins creed at high to ultra settings with around 30-40 fps. What do you think? I am also working with a budget of about 700 (including os, monitor, and other accessories) Processor: Fx 6300 Graphics Card: Nvidia geforce...
  22. F

    Need opinions on future build

    I believe that I have fully completed my list of parts for a PC I am building. I just want some experts to take a look at what I'm getting and to see if you guys have any suggestions on any changes I should make. This PC will be used to stream, record gameplay, and edit videos. This is my first...
  23. S

    Is there any way I can have my Wireless Router act as an extension of my non-wireless cable modem?

    I want to play my Xbox One and other games with no trouble, but my NAT is always strict, and thanks to my router, I think I have a double NAT problem. I don't get these problems when I connect my modem directly to my computer or Xbox One, but the problem is that there's only one ethernet port...
  24. P

    Is this considered worthy?

    Hi, This is my first time trying to build a PC for gaming. I went to pcpartpicker to help pick out the necessary compenents. My result is this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/27TJD CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Amazon) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO...
  25. R

    vga to dvi

    I have VGA TV runner and have dvi minister .. How I can connect ??
  26. Travis4261

    Best Budget Upgrade

    My PC OS - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit Case - Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX MB - ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX CPU - AMD Phenom II 965 Black Edition 3.4Ghz x4 PSU - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W RAM - G-Skill Ripjaw Series 4GB DDR3 1600 x4 HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200 1.5TB GPU - XFX...
  27. B

    How to repair a laptop that automatically turned off

    Hello, I have a problem with my laptop. It automatically turned off when it reach beyond 2 minutes. What will I do?
  28. liquidsnake718

    Windows 7 on my netbook...

    Its a MSI wind and it was an XP netbook prior, ahem my WIN 7 is not of, the kind that MS wants us to have.... ill leave it to the imagination, but now i have to deal with changing wallpaper every time my screen saver goes on from my current one to a blank one with some words on the corner...
  29. P

    Which PSU brand do you trust?

    Which brand should I prefer? Always a difficult question... So I desided to ask the community via this poll... I used to prefer Zalman but lately I discovered some other good PSU brands also... So lets get voting!
  30. K

    XFX Radeon HD 6450 1GB

    Ok so I just purchased a new GC I was using a NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT I purchased yerterday a Radeon HD 6450 by XFX 1GB my PC specs are as follows 16GB Kingston RAM @ 1866Mhz AMD 6100 Black Edition (6 core) @ 3.8Ghz ASUS M5A99X EVO Mother Board Cooler Master Pro 800 WATT Power Supply 250 GB SSD...
  31. torque79

    wii classic games question.

    I bought a wii points card before I knew I needed to buy the wii classic controllers (or use camecube ones) to play the classic downloadable games. I plan to download Super Mario Brothers and Street Fighter, but a question occurred to me. I know there is limited space on the Wii, so you can...
  32. J

    Is my geforce gts 250 1gb full hd compatible?

    hey guys i baught an samsung 23'' led screen it has 2 hdmi ports on the screen so i also baught the other full hd cable but i noticed my graphics card an ge force gts 250 1gb doesnt have an usb type port on the card but my mother board has one so i plugged the other end of the cable into the...
  33. The Stealthinator

    Question about points on my profile

    I notice recently that quite a few points have been deducted from my account. Does this happen when I report a post?
  34. P

    Sony vs dell laptops

    Hello, guys this is pavan and i need a laptop for study and entertainment purpose and i am confused with sony and dell which one should i have to select and which one is the best one so please suggest the best brand for me and my config is i3,320gb HD, and 3gb RAM,so please give me the right...
  35. F

    Question re windows 7 download

    Can I download windows 7 home edition with an external cd/dvd drive. Thanks
  36. S

    Can't connect internet, newly built PC

    Hello, First time I have built a PC from scratch and everything seems to have gone great up until connecting to the internet! I am running Windows 7 64 and I have ASRock P67 Extreme4. I have downloaded 4 drivers so far: Realtek LAN driver ver:7023, Etron USB 3.0 driver ver:0.96_WHQL, INF...
  37. G

    WTB: Cosmic Chasm Parts

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?) Looking for anyone who might have cabinet parts from a Cosmic Chasm by Cinematronics. PCBs and power supply do not have to work, but should be repairable, control...
  38. G

    test: plz ignore

    Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?) I told you to ignore this, jeez :)
  39. G

    Getting into the mining business... how?

    Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?) Something i always like doing in games is construction. Building buildings or digging a hole... I've made several weapon smiths with the intention to get all the necessary items and skills, yet it takes so long they usually succumb to...
  40. V

    Looking for a case

    Doing a new build for a gaming rig It'll hold a 470. I'll be doing overclocking, but maybe just 10%. I'm looking for a "different" cool looking case that is under 200$ Since I previously owned a 900 by antec, I'd like some cable management, but I don't need corsair obsidian style. Also, I'd...