Portal

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Portal.
  1. G

    Questions about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?) Okay, so I've seen a couple different versions of this game, one that is 4 players (most common), one that is two, and now one that is three. Are these different boards or is there a dip setting for this? I have a...
  2. G

    Hp media center PCm7330n

    what level is this comparable with storage, ram, and processing on this old computer. Any ability to alter it, just for no. of programs open at same time and processing speed. or if i buy upgrade, what processor is faster, but not need to be the fastest out there today.
  3. K

    Boot order not working

    ok so when it gets to a certain point in the install i keep getting an error message saying that the install can not change the boot order...any one have any idea how this can be fixed?
  4. chael713

    Which to buy?

    I'm planning to buy a new desktop computer. the problem is that i can't decide which to choose between the HP pavilion p6055d or p6255d? both these desktops basically costs the same..here are their basic specs: HP pavilion p6055d *Core 2 Quad Q8200 (Y) 2.33 GHz (95W), 1333 MHz front side bus *2...
  5. G

    [Solved] Installation method question

    I've been reading a lot of threads and haven't come across a situation similar to what I want to do, so I'm asking for help. If you would please let me know what problems I'm creating by installing 7 on my system in the way I'll describe I'd be grateful! This is my "everyday" computer, for...
  6. T

    Monitor gets "no input signal" unless in safe mode.

    I'm using an HP Pavilion Elite m9150f, running XP Black. I recently disconnected all cables from the tower to move around my computer desk, and when I reattached everything and turned it on, it went through all the BIOS text, showed the Windows loading logo, and instantly went to "No Input...
  7. F

    Windows 7 Boot Error

    I have been having a problem with booting in windows, and I think it might have something to do with an incomplete system restore (due to a conflict with Avira I've surmised). Anyway, it won't even boot to Safe mode. When it tries to boot to safe mode, it scrolls through all of the core drivers...
  8. X

    Which is a better system?

    Pay no attention to the gpu or the the psu, will upgrade slowly over time (Only difference is the mobo) Build 1 CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 ATX AM3+ Motherboard Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory Storage: Western Digital...
  9. G

    Your 1 in 10 GUARANTEE to win a share of $1,000,000

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?) How many tournaments GUARANTEE you a 1 in 10 chance of winning? Play in Pacific Poker's one million dollar poker final on March 26 and you'll have a 1 in 10 chance of winning a share of $1,000,000 in ONE TOURNAMENT! Do the math...
  10. D

    $750 Budget Build

    Budget: $600-$750 APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Next month SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, general websurfing, watching/downloading movies. PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com OVERCLOCKING: Hell yeah! SLI OR...
  11. G

    Video cards will not fit in t6528

    Hello, I had to obtain a video card with more ram in order to isntall Windows 7. Obtained online a 8400GS-PCI-E 256mb video card. The mounting bracket is too short and had to remove it to install card. Card fan did not turn and the card dint last long. Next tried to install RageXL ATIexp 98...
  12. G

    Mettle and Losing Familiars

    Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?) It looks like losing/dismissing one's familiar is a "Fort Save for Half" XP loss effect. Will Mettle (Pious Templar from Complete Divine, for example) reduce that to zero on a successful save? Same question for a Shadowdancer's shadow...
  13. J

    New PCIe card 5750 not detected

    Just got a new Sapphire 5750 and a corsair cx400 psu to go with it. Plugged in the card, the card powers up(the fan on it rotates) but windows does not detect it nor is there any signal to the monitor. I have a Asrock ConRoe 1333-D667 motherboard. It has onboard graphics. I went to the BIOS and...
  14. D

    Gtx 260 and amd phenom II 550 power qustion

    i have an 8 month old Thermal Take TR2 550W W0134 psu. I am thinking of updating my computers cpu, ram and grapchics card to a AMD Phenom II 550, Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 and 4 GB of PC2-800 RAM. My questions are will it work and for how long if it does.
  15. G

    1GB ddr2 800 Mhz and 2GB ddr2 1066 Mhz

    I put both on a 1066 Mhz motherboard and they run at 800. Is there a way to change that? To run at 1066?
  16. G

    Test Performance of Dedicated Server CS 1.6

    Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?) Hi I got a CS 1.6 Server set up. Would be cool if some people could test performance and play an bit! Thanx very much! Address: 81.169.131.33:27015 Thomas
  17. G

    MSN Messenger vs Windows Messeger

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?) I have Windows messenger 4.7, I want to be able to add emoticons, I guess I have to upgrade to MSN Messenger. 1. What are the major differences between MSN MSG and Win MSG? 2. Can MSN Msg do everything Win Msg can? 3. Can...
  18. S

    "Pc doesn't work correctly after changing bios"

    Hi!............ Few weeks ago I set a graphic card for my desktop-nvidia gt7300 ddr2 256mb-after that when I restart the pc I heard a beep sound and it say something like "error......................Press enter to setup or Esc to start normally".Then I enter to the bios and changed some items<I...
  19. P

    I just OCd my I7 2700K it's staying on 2.7GHz idle?

    System Specs: Asus Maximus V Gene I7 2700K Stock 3.5GHz 16GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM 2GB AMD Radeon HD XFX 7870 500W Corsair PSU This was my first time OCing for real. I went into the BIOS and OCd to 4.7GHz, it seems that it is staying clocked at 4.7GHz even when idle and I have no programs open. -...
  20. G

    Impressive bit of animation

    Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?) I had a Sim walking somewhere and he nearly stepped on one of those remote-controlled toy cars. The animation actually showed him rather awkwardly stepping *around* the car rather than just walking as usual. -- --Cuth
  21. Arrionso

    $300~500(600?) cpu/mobo/ram? (Gaming PC)

    APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: 1~3 months. I'm not in too much of a hurry but I would like to pick this up before the money goes elsewhere. BUDGET RANGE: I have around 300~500(possibly 600) dollars to work with atm. SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: It would primarily be used for...
  22. G

    what is this pentium

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) I am just looking into notebooks. There is one on EBAY that says: Pentium M 745 1.8 GHz Processor I'm not sure what that is?? Is that like a pentium 4??? Good? Bad?? I am just looking for a basic wireless notebook to use for word...
  23. D

    Investment

    Thinking about investment. Any advice?
  24. G

    Graphics Card & Monitor query

    Hi all. Thinking of building a gaming system for £500-£550. This is what I have currently, however, I'm just wondering if I should use my current 19" monitor with the 5770 or get a new monitor and card (lower price). Which do you think? 550W Corsair £62.68 Antec Three Hundred £43.95...
  25. J

    no POST beep, boots fine

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) My refurb gen3 doesn't give a POST beep but boots and runs ok. I've tried the a03 and a05 BIOS with no difference. When I reset the BIOS to default I get one long beep so I know the internal speaker is ok. I would like to fix this for...
  26. S

    My blog about PCs

    Hello, I couldn't find a proper place for this topic so I wrote here. I made my first blog, which is about pc maintenance. Any comment is precious for me. Thanks. http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-make-a-silent-computer
  27. N

    Memory card for games/hd playback

    what is the typical specs of a graphics card for current games (most games not requiring a godly computer to run) and for hd videos examples and suggestions are welcome as well thanks
  28. L

    Western Digital HD Problems (H E L P)

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?) I have problems with my HD, it is in a G6 333 mhz machine and is partitioned for 2 drives C & E. When anything is written on C I have no problelm but when trying to write files to E it says that it cannot write to E! I have...
  29. S

    You know how to read this?

    you know how to read this? http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.241742779212415.79264.182916195095074
  30. B

    Drivers from ati or sapphire?

    Hey do i download the drivers and software from ATi AMD or from the cards manufacture site in this case my sapphire 4850 512mb dual slot from Sapphire Which place ATi/AMD or from Sapphire Thank you.
  31. wanamingo

    Its a small world after all.

    Nikons small world contest 2011 comes to a close Pretty cool pics in here of some non traditional subjects. Screw rolling hills I want some dyed cells arranged in a wreath. The winner!
  32. G

    Apple Abandons IBM, Will Use Intel Chips

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) Follow up on an earlier post concerning Apple's switch to Intel chips. ---------------------------------------------------- washingtonpost.com Apple Abandons IBM, Will Use Intel Chips By Mike Musgrove Washington Post Staff Writer...
  33. JAYDEEJOHN

    Who are these guys?

    Today, the entire planet is shaky, the US needs to get its spending and its economy positioned correctly, and with these dire needs obvious to all, we have this: http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/tony-the-tiger-toucan-sam-can-stay-on-cereal-boxes Now, I suppose alot of people would argue for...
  34. AMD_Rulz

    2 Gigs of Memory vs. 1 Gig

    Hello, I didnt see this in the forum. I just purchased another matched set of Corsair XMS Pro PC3200 Cas 2 (2x512) giving me another gig. I currently have the same stuff in my current system but 1 gig just doesnt seem to be enough anymore when BF2 is running too. I get first round lag bad...
  35. P

    Free antivirus for win7

    Hello,
  36. E

    HIS Radeon HD 4830 vs 4670

    I don't know which card I should get. In some aspects, one is better than the other. HIS Radeon 4670 IceQ http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161273] HIS Radeon 4830...
  37. G

    My laptop

    Hello, what do i do to stopped numbers coming out when i am typing letters? it only happens when i am trying to get on my yahoo messenger. i turned off the numberlock and used the fn button but it did not work.
  38. W

    CPU Help

    Looking at purchasing a new motherboard and CPU for gaming purposes. My current setup is listed below - as you can see my CPU is the big holdup. It looks to me like the Q6600 is the best bang for the buck currently. Any motherboard recommendations to go along with it? I currently only have 2...
  39. G

    Newbie Question

    Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?) I just got a new system and I wanted to try to see how my video card is holding up. How can I check the FPS. Thanks in advance. Robin
  40. X

    PC suddenly very slow overnight

    Hello, My PC has been running great recently, but yesterday I had some heavy slow down shile playing TF2. It was late, and I thought it might just need a reboot so I turned it off. This morning when I turned it on it seemed fine, until I played TF2 again. I rebooted once more, and this time it...