10isaa5432

Commendable
Jul 1, 2018
ok i have a dvi-d only Graphics card, my monitor is a 165hz screen but its only hdmi and dp but ive had an old dvi to hdmi adapter for a while so ive been using that (btw info u dont need to know but im saying anyways is that the monitor was a present and im a low budget gamer and i was not expecting such a good monitor) the problem im having tho is that a can only get 60hz on default (software) settings and only 73hz when i software overclock it, so is there anyway for me to at least get 100hz on this monitor without buying a new graphics card?

Dvi D is the output but i dont know which generation (year/model) of dvi it is, all i know that is special about it is that audio is coming out of the hdmi wire Lol i was suprised too until i googled it and from what google told me I guess i have a resent port model. the graphics card is a rx 470 4gb mining card with a dragon on it (decent card for 75 dollars which i bought it for but it does go for less usually it plays Cod MW at around 60-100 fps at high textures and shadows no motion blur and highest vov taa lowest no <Mod Edit> settings, and fortnite runs at a pro level on any setting always past 120hz to my knowledge havent played the game in a while just know the last time i played it it played like a dream, and RB6 OHYA Amazing 100fps is the minimum X-D)

and also my brother which bought this monitor for me and himself been using his monitor through HDMI at 144hz

Solution
5.5 worked with dvi to hdmi using the passive wire but it only worked on my back up gpu at 144hz, and not the gpu i described above (my backup is a gtx 1050) but right now im trying to get the mining rx 470 to work with this wire, but right now i can only get 60 with it
For AMD cards you will need the additional instructions in section 6.1.2
5.5 worked with dvi to hdmi using the passive wire but it only worked on my back up gpu at 144hz, and not the gpu i described above (my backup is a gtx 1050) but right now im trying to get the mining rx 470 to work with this wire, but right now i can only get 60 with it
For AMD cards you will need the additional instructions in section 6.1.2

Reactions: josiefxbullock
Solution