[SOLVED] 2 different cards Crossfire?

winncootMKD

Honorable
Dec 26, 2015
So recently I bought RX580 and it has been great.

But I was wondering if, my old R9 270 could be any use if I stick it in too

Maybe not crossfire, but helping at something, idk.

Any any program that might work like that?

Thanks!

WildCard999

Titan
So it cannot be used even for rendering or encoding?
Some rendering programs "may" be able to utilize it but I highly doubt it would be worth the additional power draw and heat, especially considering there two different GPU's so even CF wouldn't work.

If you have the motherboard to support it as well as the PSU to power both cards you could always try rendering with both & the single RX 580 and see what results you get.

Reactions: TJ Hooker

winncootMKD

Honorable
Dec 26, 2015
Some rendering programs "may" be able to utilize it but I highly doubt it would be worth the additional power draw and heat, especially considering there two different GPU's so even CF wouldn't work.

If you have the motherboard to support it as well as the PSU to power both cards you could always try rendering with both & the single RX 580 and see what results you get.
Awesome!
Do you recommend 2x 580? CF
90% of the games support it

WildCard999

Titan
Awesome!
Do you recommend 2x 580? CF
90% of the games support it
Just wondering, where do you see that? I've run SLI from 2017-older and can tell you that multi GPU support is poor compared to what it used to be. Even on popular games such as Fortnite there's no multi GPU support because it just isn't worth dedicating the time/resource creating those drivers for like less then 10% of the PC gaming community.

Also one thing to consider is that even if you do find a game that supports SLI/CF it doesn't mean that your going to get double the performance, it may only be like a 20% increase if that. On games that don't support it you may see the same performance as a single card or even worse performance.

I wouldn't bother with SLI/CF nowadays, just get the best GPU you can afford for your system.

winncootMKD

Honorable
Dec 26, 2015
Just wondering, where do you see that? I've run SLI from 2017-older and can tell you that multi GPU support is poor compared to what it used to be. Even on popular games such as Fortnite there's no multi GPU support because it just isn't worth dedicating the time/resource creating those drivers for like less then 10% of the PC gaming community.

Also one thing to consider is that even if you do find a game that supports SLI/CF it doesn't mean that your going to get double the performance, it may only be like a 20% increase if that. On games that don't support it you may see the same performance as a single card or even worse performance.

I wouldn't bother with SLI/CF nowadays, just get the best GPU you can afford for your system.
I knows how much increase in performance it would make, I've seen a alot of CF videos.Never will be double but depends on the game, sometimes less sometimes more.
CF is still worth in some games, of course fortnite doesnt support it but I get good frames in it with single one.

winncootMKD

Honorable
Dec 26, 2015
Also depending on the resolution the RX 580 is still a excellent GPU, I'm running a 4gb version at 2560x1080P/75hz for most games on High settings and still not seeing over 3.5gb of vram being used.
I have the 8gb version, and it is a great card really, I got it for 90$. The thing is, I am a Youtuber/Streamer and I do need more FPS while recording and streaming.
I can get another one for 90$. So with the performance of sorta gtx 1080 for a price of 180$. That is great deal.
What do you think?

EDIT: Running 1920x1080 144hz

WildCard999

Titan
I have the 8gb version, and it is a great card really, I got it for 90$. The thing is, I am a Youtuber/Streamer and I do need more FPS while recording and streaming.
I can get another one for 90$. So with the performance of sorta gtx 1080 for a price of 180$. That is great deal.
What do you think?
Well for $180 for two cards the price can't be beat but if your streaming/recording you may need a better CPU over another GPU but this also depends on the software your using.

winncootMKD

Honorable
Dec 26, 2015
Well for $180 for two cards the price can't be beat but if your streaming/recording you may need a better CPU over another GPU but this also depends on the software your using.
Of coruse I know. Im waiting on the 3rd gen Ryzen :D
I do have R5 1600 now. Clocked at 3.85Ghz. It is g reat for streaming.
But also if you were me you wouldnt miss the chance of another RX580 for the price right?

Altho, I have a 720W power supply which I think it would be good for 2 cards

winncootMKD

Honorable
Dec 26, 2015
I mean for $90 it may be worth the gamble, paid $160 for my Asus RX 580 4gb Dual (new). As for the PSU what is the exact model?
That is a good price for a new one still!
You may never heard of it but its: Hantol 900W 720W Real Power 80+Bronze

Which today I found out people really hate them and they area cheap chinese brand taht put cement in it to look heavy. (That is probably in the cheaper crappier models)
Bought mine 5 years ago and here it is, still strong as hell. Also from the best PC store in my country. So it is defenetly not bad. $50, 5 years ago

WildCard999

Titan
That is for sure. With overclocked CPU and RAM, wouldnt risk putting another 580.
I was looking earlier at SAMA 750W Gold certified.
Or Deepcool 850W
What are your expiriences with PSU brands and which are the best?
Not too sure about SAMA or good quality Deepcool's so I'd get something better quality that I know will support both card & overclocking.

EVGA (G2/G3) or Seasonic Focus Gold 750W.

TRENDING THREADS