Immense13

Reputable
Oct 12, 2016
Hey guys, I've never personally tried this, however, I was fairly certain that it would work. I have a 2070S coming in the mail within the week, currently running a RX580, however I would like to use both cards in the same system. Now I know that AMD cards mess with NVIDA (so I've heard) that's not the question though. The thing is, I have a spare GT 730 sitting around and I was going to use that as a display for my second monitor. Being that they're both NVIDA cards do you think I should be fine? Or is it not even worth it?

Solution
Long time ago, I tried that experiment.
I had a spare low capability amd card and installed it along with a nvidia main card.
It all worked properly.
I found that the image quality of the second cheap gpu was inferior and not pleasing.
The second monitor was relatively static with email and performance monitors.
There was no noticeable performance benefit in gaming.

You have the ability to try the experiment and decide for yourself.
The worth is something only YOU can decide.
I predict that you will not be able to tell any difference.
I had a spare low capability amd card and installed it along with a nvidia main card.
It all worked properly.
I found that the image quality of the second cheap gpu was inferior and not pleasing.

Reactions: Immense13
Solution

Immense13

Reputable
Oct 12, 2016
It all worked properly.

Fair enough, and thank you for your response. I just wanted to find out what I could do. I'll probably still try it just in case because my current set up with 2 monitors I was able to notice the difference with having 1 or 2 monitors connected with FPS drops.