Question 3900X MSI X570 ACE Serious issues, about to scream

Apr 7, 2020
So I recently built this pc, everything seems to be great with it, other then one day it just decided to shut off randomly (no OC) well I ignored it, then it started happening more frequently. Now it's to the point the PC will not go passed BIOS unless I underclock like crazy (3.2GHZ) with the core voltages still higher for like a 3.8GHZ Setting, if I try to put it on auto or run any stock speed settings it won't go passed bios, just tried to then restarts the same way as the random shut offs (No code, but top red led on motherboard lights up the 1st second it restarts.
I've played with the voltages, I can't figure anything out, other then the only thing that makes a difference is clock speed/Vcore voltages.
If I run 3.8GHZ it will not boot up.
If I drop it down to say 3000 It will boot up, but VCore voltages are still using 1.1
I guess I know somethings faulty just unsure on what it could be??
Guessing CPU but maybe motherboard???
I've uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers, nothing makes a difference.
I forgot to mention all temps are completly fine and nothing ever exceeds 60s at max.
Also, not sure if its cause of being underclocked, but my PC seems to like, stutter, like a lag, like if you just keep wiggling the mouse, it will stutter/lag like a high cpu usage lag, but the cpu usage or any other usages will be high.
I'm about to scream, as I've been trying for DAYS to figure this out. Any help is appreciated.

Specs are:
3900x
2080 Super MSI Gaming X trio
MSI X570 ACE
3600mhz gskill trident neo
2 m.2 drives, 1 gigabyte auros and a samsung evo 970 plus
Noctua nh-d15? I believe it's called.
Corsair 850X

Mainboard on latest BIOS?

Bring RAM clock speeds down to default or at least something much more conservative, say, 2666 MHz, and/or, test them one stick at a time if needed...; certainly ruling out a RAM fiasco should be early on your checklist of things to rule out/try......

Certainly, even 'only' 3 GHz should allow smooth mouse movement if my 7700K can run smoothly at 800-1200 MHz while loafing at the desktop in Balanced Power mode....

I'd drop down to one M.2 drive for now while testing for stability

At some point, you might need a known good PSU to rule that out, and, even a known good GPU can eliminate it from being a 'power hog'/potential partial causation of being a 'brownout inducer' if intermittent. (If you swap PSUs, be sure to swap ALL modular cables with it, as they are not interchangeable, varying in pinouts at the PSU insertion points)

Reactions: RodroX
Apr 7, 2020
Mainboard on latest BIOS?

Bring RAM clock speeds down to default or at least something much more conservative, say, 2666 MHz, and/or, test them one stick at a time if needed...; certainly ruling out a RAM fiasco should be early on your checklist of things to rule out/try......

Certainly, even 'only' 3 GHz should allow smooth mouse movement if my 7700K can run smoothly at 800-1200 MHz while loafing at the desktop in Balanced Power mode....

I'd drop down to one M.2 drive for now while testing for stability

At some point, you might need a known good PSU to rule that out, and, even a known good GPU can eliminate it from being a 'power hog'/potential partial causation of being a 'brownout inducer' if intermittent. (If you swap PSUs, be sure to swap ALL modular cables with it, as they are not interchangeable, varying in pinouts at the PSU insertion points)

I've tried slower RAM speeds, enabling/disabling X-AMP, no differences there, tried one stick, two sticks, both channels, no difference.
And yeah that's what I thought, as I'm pretty used to an older 2.8GHZ Laptop. That's what made me think something is faulty.
And I've also tried that, just recently reinstalled the 2nd one.
I do have a friend with a similar build he just lives awhile away. I might have to get ahold of him see if he's willing to let me use his stuff for a little while. He has the MSI X570 ACE, 3900x, but a different power supply. He's also got a 2080 super but it's EVGA not MSI like mine, but for testing purposes, everything should be alright.

Your Ryzen 3900X does not include an integrated GPU. So no point in taking out your GPU, unless you can put back in a really low power spare one.

I would try and check everything mdd1963 wrote. On the other side I view and read about some MSI X570 boards not having the best VRM design and getting way too hot, but this issue you described is just no posible because of that.

Another thing not sure if it helps. But my CPU doesn't show up sometimes on Dragon Center's Monitoring

Ah.... Dragon Center sounds like one of those apps that shouldn't be installed :) .

I don't believe it has anything to do with your CPU issue, but all this add-on apps are not really necesary. nvidia drivers is all anyone need to play games and extract everything a GPU can deliver.

Apr 7, 2020
Yeah I started with no other third party softwares, as I'm not a fan of them either. Just using dragon center as monitoring. Trying to figure out the voltage\GHZ ratios. It's way off. in order to run at 3.2GHZ I have to be at voltages capable of running 4.5+ GHZ

Apr 7, 2020
Yeah I've tried 100s of software changes, nothing makes the slightest difference. 100% Hardware related, just unsure of it being cpu, psu, or mb.
I'll get ahold of my buddy see if he feels like letting me use his <Mod Edit> for a couple of hours. See if I can pinpoint what it is. Was more or less hoping someone has had similar issues and just haven't made a post about it. Cause like I said before with my symptoms I've spent hours on google and can't find anyone with the issues I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RodroX