Adding up memory pc won't boot up

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

_orbital_

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008
guys i have a problem!

i have ASUS PX58D Premium motherboard with i7 930 so i had before 3X2gb corsair mem
so i wanted to add exact same memory 3x2gb so i have 12GB all together memry like i said is exact the same. i didn't mix anything
so i removed new one and still won't start, cleared cmos by removing battery but still nothing

anybody???

thanks

Solution

Then IF ALL sticks = FAIL you have a bigger problem. Perhaps in pushing-in the DIMM slots something moved and became shorted.

You can try Lazyman's Breadboard -
* Disconnect ALL Front Panel & USB Headers ; keep only the PWR & Ground <best> short w/wire.
* Disconnect ALL peripherals including the Keyboard/Mouse
* (1) Stick of RAM in the second DIMM slot from CPU
* Unscrew both the MOBO and PCIe screws

Pull the MOBO away from anything conductive and supported by a towel ; short PWR & Ground to start.

_orbital_

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008

;]]
it is? ok than i will contact asus tomorrow if not than i will buy something better.. x58's are not that expensive these days
recomend which i should get just in case

IF you really want a new MOBO then IMO look at the Gigabyte G1 series which has the much faster, double speed, Marvell 9182 chipset. The older Marvell 9128 for example limit the newer SSD's to ~380MB/s which is a problem with the newer 500~550MB/s SSDs.

ASUS takes about 2 weeks for the RMA/Exchange process.

ASUS:
1. Request RMA (Case Number) -> http://service.asus.com/InfoPage.aspx?rid=7
2. RMA -> http://vip.asus.com/eservice/usa_rmaserv.aspx

_orbital_

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008

thank you so much..

_orbital_

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008

ok so..
found the problem.. went to my dad's house unscrewed from his computer 4870 just to test last thing before sending out my motherboard and look at that.. my pc boots up.. ?? :heink: :ouch: :eek:

my video card was bad.. too bad so sad but have to order something new now..

6970 or 570...

p.s. my pcie slot is not as tide as it should be

Status
Not open for further replies.