[SOLVED] After booting, it says I need to change my password? However, I never set a password in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyboi

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
So like the title says, I've basically been booting from my SSD for the past month with no issues. However, when I powered on my PC this morning it brought up a loading menu saying something along the lines of, "Repairing C:", etc. I thought it had to do with updating Windows and thought nothing of it. However, after it finished, it brought up a screen saying I needed to change my password.

It had...

Original Password: __
New Password: __
Confirm Password: __

Thing is, I never set a password for my SSD. I had it put in and tested by the person I paid for. Is there any way I can log in without a password or at least find the password from my HDD.

P.S. I'm making this discussion via HDD.

Solution
i assumed you had installed windows onto the hdd since you said you were typing this via hdd
So I started off with my HDD, however after my PC became slow, I decided to purchase an SSD and install Windows 10 onto that one. I set it as my main drive in the BIOS so it always booted it there and I never set a password. However, yesterday morning and even this morning it still continues to ask for me to change my old password, despite never setting one?

EDIT: Don't worry! I fixed it! If my PC never came with a login password, all I had to do was leave the first box blank, and set a new password. I did the exact same thing yesterday however I was too exhausted to read what it said afterwards. It said, "New password is unable to...

bobbyboi

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021

bobbyboi

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
i assumed you had installed windows onto the hdd since you said you were typing this via hdd
So I started off with my HDD, however after my PC became slow, I decided to purchase an SSD and install Windows 10 onto that one. I set it as my main drive in the BIOS so it always booted it there and I never set a password. However, yesterday morning and even this morning it still continues to ask for me to change my old password, despite never setting one?

EDIT: Don't worry! I fixed it! If my PC never came with a login password, all I had to do was leave the first box blank, and set a new password. I did the exact same thing yesterday however I was too exhausted to read what it said afterwards. It said, "New password is unable to reach the complexity of this domain" and so on. I was too tired and upset yesterday that I merely skimmed over that information. I tried doing the same thing this morning, got greeted with that message and actually read it all. I was a little confused but tried making the new password a lot more complicated (symbols, capitalised letters, etc) and BOOM! I was in. 10 hours of looking for a solution for nothing lmao!

EDIT 2: On the plus side, I learnt heaps about the BIOS and Advanced Startup Settings.

Last edited:
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.