syynnh

Commendable
Jan 13, 2018
So recently I upgraded the inner hardware of my pc and playing some games is starting to get me stressed af as I see temperatures rise a lot, I live in argentina where economy is pretty horrible and not a lot of stuff arrives here as it does in europe or the states and if it does, its cheaper to do other things than buy it. So the question here is, there is one of this cases I think I need, why "I think"? because it has obviously front rgb fans but, it's a mesh front panel and I figured out that is probably better than getting a plain front panel case like a Sentey Z20, today I had a discussion with a friend of mine and said that mesh or not, it doesn't matter, as it has a couple of holes where the air can enter the case, everything is good, as the only job of the fans is just to create flow inside of the case, is this true?
Question here is like, Is the same to get a Sentey Z20 or a Raidmax F01 (mesh front panel)?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Mesh front panel cases will facilitate intake of fresh, cooler, ambient air for the fans to circulate inside the case. If you have a closed off front panel the fans are essentially choked. Now fans are a mechanical form of cooling so if there is an opening for the air to enter, it'll be drawn in by the fans but if the opening was larger or more free then the air will take the path of least resistance.

Out of curiosity, what case are you working with at the time of writing? On second thoughts, what are the specs to your entire system? I wouldn't go for either case, especially not during a pandemic when financing is limited or uncertain and worse in a country that has a history of bad economy(you're not alone).

syynnh

Commendable
Jan 13, 2018
The current case I'm using is a pretty scrappy one, pretty much like this:
https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.a...tpPuD1ShBIOEpmZa6t5f7HAC_qVc6TSRoCCakQAvD_BwE

just one exhaust fan on the back, inside I have an Intel i5-4590, 16GB of DDR3 RAM, PSU is a gigabyte p650b and a GTX 1650 Super, I'm using it with the left panel off just to keep temperatures lower but at the cost of getting more dust in it but at this point I don't even care about it anymore