Question An app that can allow me to control the speed of the fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFlash1300

Prominent
Mar 15, 2022
Is there an application that i can use to increase the speed of the fan to its maximum? Currently, the system decides when to increase or decrease the speed of the fan. I want to make sure the fan is running at its maximum all the time, while I run specific tasks. So, I need a program that can accelerate the fan to its maximum power, instead of having to rely on the system to make the decision at what speed the fan works.

The OS I use is Window 10

Is there an application that i can use to increase the speed of the fan to its maximum? Currently, the system decides when to increase or decrease the speed of the fan. I want to make sure the fan is running at its maximum all the time, while I run specific tasks. So, I need a program that can accelerate the fan to its maximum power, instead of having to rely on the system to make the decision at what speed the fan works.

The OS I use is Window 10
Go to the website for your computer's motherboard and see if there's a utility that they offer for fan control. If they don't offer one you can just google computer fan control and you'll find multiple 3rd party programs that do what you want.

I need a program that can accelerate the fan to its maximum power

either through your BIOS or through motherboard control software these options, and more, will be available.

your BIOS should have advanced fan settings for "Turbo", "Quiet", "Manual", etc.
which should negate needing any extra software installed.

but that depends on the motherboard make & model and the fans being used to determine your exact options.

TheFlash1300

Prominent
Mar 15, 2022
either through your BIOS or through motherboard control software these options, and more, will be available.

your BIOS should have advanced fan settings for "Turbo", "Quiet", "Manual", etc.
which should negate needing any extra software installed.

but that depends on the motherboard make & model and the fans being used to determine your exact options.
The motherboard is SR (Model: Rose_SR). BIOS version: V1.09 - AMD AGESA StoneyPI

I checked the BIOS, but I didn't find any settings for accelerating the fan speed.

TheFlash1300

Prominent
Mar 15, 2022
Laptops typically use temperature controlled speed circuits that are not under control of BIOS or software of any kind and therefore cannot be controlled by the user.
Hello. Thanks for replying. :)

"Typically" doesn't mean "always". How can I check if my laptop uses such circuits, and whether or not is possible for me to control the speed of the fan on my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.