[SOLVED] ASRock H370M-ITX/ac WiFi not working, not even showing in device manager

ProgamerIV

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
As the title says.

Just bought this board used, but from a seller I know and had business with several times, never had issues with his products.
I have downloaded the correct drivers from ASRock's support page for the motherboard, the WiFi adapter still doesn't even show up in device manager.

Tried deleting that and reinstalling from Intel's website (for the Wireless-AC 3160, which this board has), no luck.

This is how my device manager's network devices segment looks like (it's in Hungarian, but you can see which devices show up):
devman.png

The system in a nutshell:
-ASRock H370M-ITX/ac motherboard
-Intel i3-8100
-2x8GB DDR4
-1TB Hynix NVMe SSD
-GTX 1060 6GB
-LC Power 450W PSU

Any ideas on what to look for?
It would be a really big mess if the board was faulty, since building this small ITX system was no joke, I really don't want to do it all again. If you have any idea other than the board being faulty, please help!

Thanks!
Alex

ProgamerIV

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
I mean, chances are slim, but if it's not showing up at all... then it's worth at least verifying.

The 'shield' aspect should just be held on with two screws from the underside of the board.

I have found the issue.
Removed the unit, and saw that the rear mounting point (left one on the pic you sent) was bent all over, it was definitely tampered with in the past. Also the actual WiFi unit in there was not correctly fitted, it was a little tilted to one side. Managed to re-fit it properly and fix that mounting point, now it works perfectly. At least it's in there, and it's what it needs to be.

Thank you very much for your help!

Reactions: Barty1884