Mar 4, 2019
I have the same issue I’ve seen on tons of threads and have tried just about everything to get this pc running. Ill list my components and below that what I’ve tried and my results.

Asus M5A99FX Pro 2.0 (Used)
AMD 8350 Black Edition (Used)
EVGA GeForce Gtx 950 (Used)
2x 8gb DDR3 Ballistix Elite (Used)
CoolerMaster Evo 212 Cpu Cooler (New)
Corsair CX 750M (New)
An older model BitFenix Collosus Case (New)
Samsung 860 EVO 500gb SSD (New)

The issue I’m facing is a solid red CPU LED with no post. If I reset the CMOS it will sometimes try to boot, generally flashing all other hardware Leds for a second and finishing as a solid red on Boot Device led, then continuing to post. If I attempt to start it without resetting CMOS, I will 100% get the solid red CPU LED light immediately.

I have tried:
Resetting CMOS
Using the onboard jumper
Dismounting and remounting the cpu cooler/cpu
Checked/remounted all power connections (8 and 16pin)
Run with nothing plugged in except power supply to Mobo, one ram card (alternating cards and slots), and Cpu fan
Bench tested
All Mobo spacer screwed are tight and accurate
Quick test without CLU fan mounted
Disconnecting reset switch
Run with no ram
Air dusted all components and used alcohol wipes on terminals
Never tampered with over static surface
CPU no bent pins, looks brand new
All case LEDs and fans working perfectly.
Tested power supply

All used hardware was acquired through friends who had them working before I received them.

I have gotten this thing to post multiple times, but normally shortly after (In bios) it will freeze. I have also gotten it to boot from a usb and start installing Windows 10 onto my ssd. The system froze during install.

It’s very odd to me that I can get it to start and post, but only after CMOS has been reset. It’s about a 50/50 if it will post after resetting it.

This red CPU LED will come on INSTANTLY, before even checking other hardware, even without any ram or GPU plugged in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mar 4, 2019
I have the same issue I’ve seen on tons of threads and have tried just about everything to get this pc running. Ill list my components and below that what I’ve tried and my results.

Asus M5A99FX Pro 2.0 (Used)
AMD 8350 Black Edition (Used)
EVGA GeForce Gtx 950 (Used)
2x 8gb DDR3 Ballistix Elite (Used)
CoolerMaster Evo 212 Cpu Cooler (New)
Corsair CX 750M (New)
An older model BitFenix Collosus Case (New)
Samsung 860 EVO 500gb SSD (New)

The issue I’m facing is a solid red CPU LED with no post. If I reset the CMOS it will sometimes try to boot, generally flashing all other hardware Leds for a second and finishing as a solid red on Boot Device led, then continuing to post. If I attempt to start it without resetting CMOS, I will 100% get the solid red CPU LED light immediately.

I have tried:
Resetting CMOS
Using the onboard jumper
Dismounting and remounting the cpu cooler/cpu
Checked/remounted all power connections (8 and 16pin)
Run with nothing plugged in except power supply to Mobo, one ram card (alternating cards and slots), and Cpu fan
Bench tested
All Mobo spacer screwed are tight and accurate
Quick test without CLU fan mounted
Disconnecting reset switch
Run with no ram
Air dusted all components and used alcohol wipes on terminals
Never tampered with over static surface
CPU no bent pins, looks brand new
All case LEDs and fans working perfectly.
Tested power supply

All used hardware was acquired through friends who had them working before I received them.

I have gotten this thing to post multiple times, but normally shortly after (In bios) it will freeze. I have also gotten it to boot from a usb and start installing Windows 10 onto my ssd. The system froze during install.

It’s very odd to me that I can get it to start and post, but only after CMOS has been reset. It’s about a 50/50 if it will post after resetting it.

This red CPU LED will come on INSTANTLY, before even checking other hardware, even without any ram or GPU plugged in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
It should be noted that I have carefully applied thermal paste and according to bios (when it will run) that nothing is running hot - and nohardware feels even barely warm to the touch.

Mar 4, 2019
you got another cpu you could try with?

it's possible the mb needs a bios update for the 8350 support...
Unfortunately, I don’t have another cpu to try. The cpu and motherboard were used together before I acquired them so they shouldn’t have issues. I haven’t tried a bios flashback, but may attempt it later today. Thank you for your response

Mar 4, 2019
it sounds like you tested most things. could be motherboard . any other psu to test with?

seems like a bios update is needed for 8350
The processor was installed in the motherboard and functioning in a friend’s computer before I received it. They should be compatible unless something has changed? I’ll give it a shot anyways. I’m hoping he didn’t somehow fry it during uninstall/transport

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
ok then the bios was updated. this sounds like a board i had problem with a few weeks back, posted a few times or random but didnt get past bios. im sure it was the motherboard giving up in that one. im not saying its 100 percent the motherboard , could be the psu or other things to.

Mar 4, 2019
ok then the bios was updated. this sounds like a board i had problem with a few weeks back, posted a few times or random but didnt get past bios. im sure it was the motherboard giving up in that one. im not saying its 100 percent the motherboard , could be the psu or other things to.
Alright I’ve been leaning towards the motherboard being the issue but I’d hate to buy a new one to find out it’s my cpu

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
if there isnt any bent pins in socket or on cpu its more likely its the motherboard. cpus usually never fail it happens but not alot. would be good to test with another cpu though if you could find one.

Mar 4, 2019
if there isnt any bent pins in socket or on cpu its more likely its the motherboard. cpus usually never fail it happens but not alot. would be good to test with another cpu though if you could find one.
Thank you for your input. It’s looking more and more like the motherboard. Tried to do a bios flashback and couldn’t even get the flashback led to light at all.

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
unlucky when it happens but it will sometime , i managed to get two failures in very short times on two used systems a few weeks ago on the other hand thats the only one i had out of upgrading 40-50 computers.

Dec 9, 2019
Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0
AMD 8350 Black Edition

Yup, this one got me as well. It must be in the "Digi+ PowerControl"
No audible error. Power to the board, seems only the CPU is effected.
I can backflash the bios, run fans, peripherals etc. Solid readings on PSU.
Loads of this online. Mine wasn't 3 years old with minimal use. Decided to
do more research. Unfortunately, for Asus, this is a blackeye.
Still need a board Asus..!

JD