[SOLVED] Asus PRIME X570-PRO - Schematics or Repair Guide?

bluetiger9

Commendable
Dec 16, 2020
Is there any chance to get a Circuit Schematics or Troubleshooting / Repair Guide for the Asus PRIME X570-PRO motherboard? Or maybe for an another X570 / X470 / B550 / B450 motherboard?

---
Hello!

I got a faulty Asus PRIME X570-PRO motherboard, and I'm trying to identify the root cause of the issue.

Symptoms:
  • when the power supply is connected the board, the RGB lights from I/O and chipset do turn on
  • when I try to power on the system, the fan on the CPU and chipset do turn on
  • the system does not POST-s, there is no Video output
  • there is no activity on the Asus QLED indicators (DRAM, CPU, VGA, BOOT remain all Off)
  • the system does not Turns Off / Reset from the Power / Reset switches (with long hold) - need to power cycle the PSU for Turn Off
Tried two different CPU-s:

Ryzen 5 3400G (2nd get with graphics) and Ryzen 5 3600 (3rd gen).
RAM: G.SKILL F4-3200C16D-32GVK, DDR4-3200 16GB
GPU: Radeon RX 460 (tried with and without external GPU)
PSU: 550W, 24 pin (MB) + 8 pin (CPU) connected
(all the above components are known good)

Tried CMOS reset, both with jumper and battery removal method.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Is the lack of activity on the Asus QLED-s indicate something? Maybe a corrupted BIOS, or an electrical fault?

In case of an electrical fault is there any chance to get a schematics (or repair guide) for the board?

Thanks,
Attila

Last edited:
Solution
I bought this motherboard cheaply (~ $50), and I'm trying to repair it more as a challenge. :) Just needed a starting point, on how to start the troubleshooting...
well, the last effort is for you to buy a CH341A programmer set and hot flash the bios chip using the latest bios...

bluetiger9

Commendable
Dec 16, 2020
Hi!

I got a faulty Asus PRIME X570-PRO motherboard, and I'm trying to identify the root cause of the issue.

Is there any chance to get a Circuit Schematics or Troubleshooting / Repair Guide for this motherboard? Or maybe for an another X570 / X470 / B550 / B450 motherboard?

It may cased by some fried power management related IC. So, I would like to check that the different power rails of the motherboard are functioning correctly.

For this some circuit schematics would be really useful. Without it, I would probably need to reverse engineer most of the board to find the issue...

Thanks,
Attila

Hello!

Symptoms:
  • when the power supply is connected the board, the RGB lights from I/O and chipset do turn on
  • when I try to power on the system, the fan on the CPU and chipset do turn on
  • the system does not POST-s, there is no Video output
  • there is no activity on the Asus QLED indicators (DRAM, CPU, VGA, BOOT remain all Off)
  • the system does not Turns Off / Reset from the Power / Reset switches (with long hold) - need to power cycle the PSU for Turn Off
Tried two different CPU-s:

Ryzen 5 3400G (2nd get with graphics) and Ryzen 5 3600 (3rd gen).
RAM: G.SKILL F4-3200C16D-32GVK, DDR4-3200 16GB
GPU: Radeon RX 4600 (tried with and without external GPU)
PSU: 550W, 24 pin (MB) + 8 pin (CPU) connected
(all the above components are known good)

Tried CMOS reset, both with jumper and battery removal method.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Is the lack of activity on the Asus QLED-s indicate something? Maybe a corrupted BIOS, or an electrical fault?

In case of an electrical fault is there any chance to get a schematics (or repair guide) for the board?

Thanks,
Attila
try to update the bios to the latest via bios flashback button (download the bios on another pc, unzip it and copy it to flashdrive, make sure it's formatted at fat32) then put it to the usb slot that is assigned/marked for bios flashdrive and take off everything leaving the cpu power and motherboard power on the board, press the bios flashback button, and see if it worked.

bluetiger9

Commendable
Dec 16, 2020
try to update the bios to the latest via bios flashback button (download the bios on another pc, unzip it and copy it to flashdrive, make sure it's formatted at fat32) then put it to the usb slot that is assigned/marked for bios flashdrive and take off everything leaving the cpu power and motherboard power on the board, press the bios flashback button, and see if it worked.

I'm afraid the Asus PRIME X570-PRO does not has a BIOS flashback feature...

bluetiger9

Commendable
Dec 16, 2020
Did it ever work?
If so, what was the last thing you did before it failed?

What is the exact PSU in this system?

I got this motherboard fairly cheaply with an another issue (damaged mounting bracket screw-heads). I think, it worked at some point, but I don't know what exactly happened.

That's why I would need to Repair Guide or Schematics. To have something to start troubleshooting with...

The PSU is a Super Flower SF-550F14MT, 550W 80+ Silver. Also tried an another one.

USAFRet

Titan
I got this motherboard fairly cheaply with an another issue (damaged mounting bracket screw-heads). I think, it worked at some point, but I don't know what exactly happened.

That's why I would need to Repair Guide or Schematics. To have something to start troubleshooting with...

The PSU is a Super Flower SF-550F14MT, 550W 80+ Silver. Also tried an another one.
So you've personally never seen it working?

The problems could be many and varied.
Likely you just bought someones broken trash.

Schematics are generally not published.