rafamengui1

Commendable
Jan 5, 2018
Hello!
I have been with this problem for a while (I will tell the whole story below for further information, might be helpful),

In resume, my laptop freezes at every attempt of booting, here is a picture
pc freezing at logo screen (It's in spanish, that means 'preparing automatic repair'. I have searched for almost two weeks and couldnt find any solution, I will list the things I have tried so far and the things I am available to do with the computer state.

SPECS
i7 8750
16 GB DDR4 (I don't remember the hz number)
1050Ti
Asus ROG GL503G (in the bottom stickers) -> in the bios it says it's a GL503GE.

I really have ensure that I CAN NOT PASS THE POST, which means I CANT RUN Windows Safe Mode or a USB with windows.

I have tried :
  • Update bios (was already up to date) https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Strix-GL503/HelpDesk_BIOS/
  • Use a USB with windows, freezes at ROG logo as in the picture
  • Reset BIOS
  • Reset CMOS
  • Moved the M.2 to another computer, it's fine
  • Moved the storage HDD to another computer, it's fine
  • Removed and replaced the RAM stick
  • Unplugged the SATA from the HDD
  • I did all the Legacy/UEFI and Secure Boot stuff
  • I even send it to official ASUS service, which did nothing but charge me for having my pc a couple days (didnt even open it, there was little dust and the rubber which covers the last screw wasn't removed)
I CANT DO THIS STUFF (Because the PC doesnt let me, I have tried most of them already probably):
  • Boot from USB
  • Enter W Secure Mode
  • I can't literally do anything but join the BIOS, so please, dont't tell me to run wsm by turning it off 3 times and stuff (as I have read all around internet) because I can't simply pass the post, it freezes.
I can access the BIOS completely.

Whole Story:

When I woke up some weeks ago the pc didn't turn on (I had been using it without any trouble), I send it to the services which did nothing, after some days the pc decided it wanted to turn on (when I pressed the power on button to check, because idk). Since then, the pc simply freezes when the ring starts spinning (can't do a full rev).

I have tried a lot of things, I really don't know what to do now, I have considered simply taking the m.2, the ram and the cpu if possible and giving it away but the 120hz monitor and the whole computer indeed is worth enough the trial. Help please.

EDIT 1: Temperatures are stable.

Lutfij

Titan
I would ask you to see if secure boot is disabled in your BIOS. That being said, you're on version 316, correct? Have you tried powering down laptop, removing the battery and pressing+holding down the power button for at least 30 seconds, before plugging the laptop's power sources to try and power up? Can you state the rams you're working with?

Try and take an eraser and rub on the gold contacts of the ram sticks, wipe clean and then place them in on of the slots on the laptop's board.

FYI, the processor is soldered onto the board so, yeah, only storage and rams can be recycled.

rafamengui1

Commendable
Jan 5, 2018
I would ask you to see if secure boot is disabled in your BIOS. That being said, you're on version 316, correct? Have you tried powering down laptop, removing the battery and pressing+holding down the power button for at least 30 seconds, before plugging the laptop's power sources to try and power up? Can you state the rams you're working with?

Try and take an eraser and rub on the gold contacts of the ram sticks, wipe clean and then place them in on of the slots on the laptop's board.

FYI, the processor is soldered onto the board so, yeah, only storage and rams can be recycled.

Hello! So far I have done this, unplugged the battery (it's an internal battery so I had to remove the back cover. I changed the RAM position again and unplugged the HDD, only the NVMe remains. Here are some pictures and the result of press+holding 30 secs etc.

View: https://imgur.com/a/ZRVANGu

(I added images)

The computer took at least 30 seconds to boot from blackscreen since I pressed the power button again, then displayed bios cause' the NMVe wasn't detected (im gonna stick it out and place it again to see if anything happens)

EDIT: The NVMe was wrongly connected, that changed, the PC remains the same, when the logo shows up and the 'wheel' spins it freezes. Any ideas?

PS:
Thanks for the info about the processor & stuff! I didnt know it was soldered.

As you asked, the RAM is covered with some cooling so I can't see the brand, but they might be kingston as the NMVe is also kingston branded. (the HDD is a seagate). Ram speed could be 2666MHz as the page says it can go up to DDR4 2666MHz SDRAM (Dual-channel)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Right about now, I'm curious to ask you what the make and model of the NVMe SSD is. You didn't state the BIOS version. Also, might want to make a video of the available options in BIOS, ideally in the boot category of the BIOS, move out of EZMode by hitting F7.

rafamengui1

Commendable
Jan 5, 2018
Right about now, I'm curious to ask you what the make and model of the NVMe SSD is. You didn't state the BIOS version. Also, might want to make a video of the available options in BIOS, ideally in the boot category of the BIOS, move out of EZMode by hitting F7.

Hey!

The NVMe is a Kingston 128GB,I can't really tell which is it so I'm including pictures of it. Also, the BIOS version is 316 as you said, I put that before in the things I have already done (updating the bios + link).

I took the video you asked for, disabled Legacy, Secure and Fast Boot has also been disabled. I can add another boot option which lets me select the path in the storage and name it as I like.

View: https://imgur.com/a/ZRVANGu
(updated SSD images)

Here is the video you asked for:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h4fg_YBnRU&t

Anything else you need?

AC was unplugged and there was no usbs' connected

TRENDING THREADS