[SOLVED] asus x540m no bootable device

May 12, 2020
hi everyone, im having a problem. can you guys help, please?

i have been upgraded my laptop with an old hdd to ssd.
all i have done is just replacing between the two and after that , install a windows 10 with a usb flash.
now after i did that, i started dealing with an issue. that issue was that i cant reach the bootable usb flash and normally install the windows. however, something won't let me do that. it's like reaching to the bios only immediately.
i understand that all you need to do in this situation is to change some settings in the boot tab inside the bios, like set the first priority be the usb flash and then restart and simply install the win10, BUT the biggest problem is the boot priorities. i mean, that it doesn't show up in the priorities so i can switch between them.

any help will be great. thanks!!!

Last edited:
Solution
Did it with a software called Rufus.
Belay Rufus, not needed for W10 and can often make it wrong. Use Microsoft Media Creation tool to download and make bootable USB or let it download ISO , mount it and copy it's contents to a Fat32 formatted USB.
When made that way, USB should show as "UEFI on USB windows 10" or something in that manner depending on BIOS version.
hi everyone, im having a problem. can you guys help, please?

i have been upgraded my laptop with an old hdd to ssd.
all i have done is just replacing between the two and after that , install a windows 10 with a usb flash.
now after i did that, i started dealing with an issue. that issue was that i cant reach the bootable usb flash and normally install the windows. however, something won't let me do that. it's like reaching to the bios only immediately.
i understand that all you need to do in this situation is to change some settings in the boot tab inside the bios, like set the first priority be the usb flash and then restart and simply install the win10, BUT the biggest problem is the boot priorities. i mean, that it doesn't show up in the priorities so i can switch between them.

any help will be great. thanks!!!
If there's Secure BOOT in BIOS, disable it.

Did it with a software called Rufus.
Belay Rufus, not needed for W10 and can often make it wrong. Use Microsoft Media Creation tool to download and make bootable USB or let it download ISO , mount it and copy it's contents to a Fat32 formatted USB.
When made that way, USB should show as "UEFI on USB windows 10" or something in that manner depending on BIOS version.

Solution
May 12, 2020
thank you! i'll try that now