Fropsy

Reputable
Jun 29, 2017
Yesterday I was playing the new Forza, until it crashed, and a few second later my laptop (HP Omen 15) froze. Restarted it and there were no audio devices. I restarted windows and reinstalled my audio drivers (realtek) yet it still doesn't work. Now it recognizes my speakers/headphones and my monitor for audio but when i try to even play the test sound (in sound control panel) it isn't able to. I also tried disconnecting other devices, and even tried bluetooth headphones to no avail. Really bummed out since it's kind of impossible to do anything on the PC without audio.

Specs:
i7-8750h
GTX 1070 Max-q
16GB 2666mhz DDR4
500GB SSD
Windows 10, 64-bit

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? Can you use your laptop's serial number(on the bottom) in HP's support site, to see if you have any BIOS updates pending? You can use CPU-Z to show you what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing. Following that, use HWMonitor to check on temps for your laptop both on idle and taxed(under load). When you uninstall drivers, do so from Device Manager, without rebooting, reinstall the latest drivers sourced from HP's support portal(for your laptop) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Fropsy

Reputable
Jun 29, 2017
Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? Can you use your laptop's serial number(on the bottom) in HP's support site, to see if you have any BIOS updates pending? You can use CPU-Z to show you what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing. Following that, use HWMonitor to check on temps for your laptop both on idle and taxed(under load). When you uninstall drivers, do so from Device Manager, without rebooting, reinstall the latest drivers sourced from HP's support portal(for your laptop) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
Running the latest BIOS, and the HP Support app told me that I have all the latest drivers. I'm using Windows 10 Home 21H1 and my CPU temps on idle are ~59c, while under load ~84c. I installed the drivers exactly like you referred. Really at a loss for words here.