[SOLVED] Audio Mixing Imbalance

May 16, 2020
So this is a peculiar turn on the usual "one ear not working" issue many have dealt with, and google search has not led me anywhere, so here we go.

I currently use my DualShock 4 controller's headphone jack as a speaker output (paired with DS4Windows V2) because the wireless dongle I use for the device (PS Platinum Headset) interferes with Windows and crashes certain games. This solution has been working fine lately until it somehow wasn't out of the blue. And I'm still not sure why.

Basically, most of the PC's audio continues to be proper stereo, playing everything just fine. However, certain games have made it where the left ear has priority for certain sounds or the entire game, while the right ear still works and occassionally has another sound source working.

Driver installations didn't alleviate this issue, and I'm unsure at this point if it is something in the games' code causing it, or some weird bizarre issue.

Videos demonstrating this

In the drive link above, there are 4 videos:

Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 (soundscape and music are stereo, but sound effects are left ear)
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (Logos are stereo, majority of game audio is in left ear, dialogue is stereo)
Links 2003 (All audio standard, baseline plus the reason why I switched away from the dongle)
A speaker test from Youtube

Any sort of explanation as to how and why this is happening would be favorable.

VUs Used

Solution
The problem you've created is not having the audio out through the PC's stereo output port. You're suggested to use the controller as is with a suitable emulator for the desktop environment. I'd also suggest getting a pair of analog headsets meant for your desktop. The issue can simply be that you're on an emulator, it's not natively supported by the system(unless you're dealing with an XBox controller).

Lutfij

Titan
The problem you've created is not having the audio out through the PC's stereo output port. You're suggested to use the controller as is with a suitable emulator for the desktop environment. I'd also suggest getting a pair of analog headsets meant for your desktop. The issue can simply be that you're on an emulator, it's not natively supported by the system(unless you're dealing with an XBox controller).

Solution