Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 9, 2019
Hello guys!

I'd like to ask your gently help with a current issue that I'm facing in a new system that I built, the issue is that my PC
stopped posting after I activated the X.M.P profile in the BIOS menu (No video output).

In the beginning, when I installed all the components my PC was able to load the OS (Windows 8.1 64 bits) without any issue, then I realized that my memory was running at the default speed (2133 MHz) so I decided to configure it on the BIOS. After applying the changes, my PC started without any issue so I played for a few hours and I turned it off at the end of the day. The next morning, I tried to turn on my PC but it was not posting (No video signal on my monitor).

Troubleshooting applied
Once the issue started, I tried multiple things to solve it:
  • Reset BIOS
  • Clear CMOS
  • Use a different PSU
  • Disconnect and reconnect the RAM modules into different ports.
Something interesting that I found, is that in the Motherboard there is a red LED light turned on, which was (apparently) indicating an issue with the GPU (VGA light). Since this LED light was indicating a problem with my video card, I decided to test it on a different computer. What a surprise, the GPU was also not sending any video signal in the other computer (Maybe the GPU got bricked after applying the XMP profile in my new computer).

After all this mess up, I installed a very old GPU (ASUS GT 630 2GB) on my new PC and it worked, I was getting a video signal and able to get into the BIOS menu. Once again, I entered into the BIOS menu and then I activated the XMP by selecting the profile 1, to increase my memory's speed to 3000 Mhz. After saving the changes and exit the BIOS menu, my PC has no booted since then. I get no video signal and the symptoms are the same as my previous graphics card, it is no longer working, even if I try it in a different PC.

My System's specs are:
  • MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Elite (Rev. 1.0)
  • DRAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 1X16 GB 3000 Mhz
  • PSU: Gigabyte B700H (700w)
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • GPU: R5850 Twin Frozr II (This is the first GPU I tried when I activated the XMP profile)
Is it possible that I'm 'bricking' my graphics cards by enabling the XMP profile on my MOBO's BIOS?

Are there any possible solutions to this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards

geckovic02

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Hello guys!

I'd like to ask your gently help with a current issue that I'm facing in a new system that I built, the issue is that my PC
stopped posting after I activated the X.M.P profile in the BIOS menu (No video output).

In the beginning, when I installed all the components my PC was able to load the OS (Windows 8.1 64 bits) without any issue, then I realized that my memory was running at the default speed (2133 MHz) so I decided to configure it on the BIOS. After applying the changes, my PC started without any issue so I played for a few hours and I turned it off at the end of the day. The next morning, I tried to turn on my PC but it was not posting (No video signal on my monitor).

Troubleshooting applied
Once the issue started, I tried multiple things to solve it:
  • Reset BIOS
  • Clear CMOS
  • Use a different PSU
  • Disconnect and reconnect the RAM modules into different ports.
Something interesting that I found, is that in the Motherboard there is a red LED light turned on, which was (apparently) indicating an issue with the GPU (VGA light). Since this LED light was indicating a problem with my video card, I decided to test it on a different computer. What a surprise, the GPU was also not sending any video signal in the other computer (Maybe the GPU got bricked after applying the XMP profile in my new computer).

After all this mess up, I installed a very old GPU (ASUS GT 630 2GB) on my new PC and it worked, I was getting a video signal and able to get into the BIOS menu. Once again, I entered into the BIOS menu and then I activated the XMP by selecting the profile 1, to increase my memory's speed to 3000 Mhz. After saving the changes and exit the BIOS menu, my PC has no booted since then. I get no video signal and the symptoms are the same as my previous graphics card, it is no longer working, even if I try it in a different PC.

My System's specs are:
  • MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Elite (Rev. 1.0)
  • DRAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 1X16 GB 3000 Mhz
  • PSU: Gigabyte B700H (700w)
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • GPU: R5850 Twin Frozr II (This is the first GPU I tried when I activated the XMP profile)
Is it possible that I'm 'bricking' my graphics cards by enabling the XMP profile on my MOBO's BIOS?

Are there any possible solutions to this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards
I never heard of RAM bricking GPU's. If you have another b450 Mobo that supports Ryzen 3000, try it there. And dont use expensive graphics cards. Just buy another GT card for 2-3 bucks used and try it with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.