Dubfreak

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2013
The monitors are:
Acer Predator XB273UGX
ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM
ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQM
Gigabyte M27Q-X

So i have made alot of research and i am still confused really which one is better for me so i'm gonna start saying what i want first:

I want the fastest response time, the least input lag and the least ghosting and all that stuff monitor from those 4 ( if there are any better, i am open to suggestions - super monitors like mini leds that costs 2k$ are out of questions ) .

The thing is i am gaming alot of competitive shooters ( BR's , valorant, CoD, etc... ) but i also like getting lost now and then on awesome Single player games like RDR2 / Witcher and some others.

The problem is on single player games i can barely reach 70-100 fps which means the monitor will drop its response times. ( atlest for now until i will upgrade the graphics in the future - don't know exactly when )

Now guys you tell me, which of these 4 monitors is having the best response times / least ghosting and least input lag when gaming on 60-100 fps and not reaching the monitors FULL potential of 240 fps / hz as i know they are really close to eachother when they are on their full potential.

Feel free to ask me any other question if it needs to give an final answer.

Thank you!

Solution
Thank you all for your responses. After i made some more research i found out that the best monitor to fit my request is PG279QM and i will also give an answer why i choose that.

Since my main problem was that i wanted to play competitive games but ALSO single player games which my pc would push them around 60-100 fps the issue was that a high refresh monitor would drop its response time / overshoot and pixel transition on that fps if its not constant 200+

The PG279QM is the best choice because it has the NATIVE G-SYNC MODULE in which doesn't require to change overdrives if you play games on 60 fps or 200+ fps because the GSYNC module actually does that for you since it can adapt everything in real time taking into consideration...
The monitors are:
Acer Predator XB273UGX
ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM
ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQM
Gigabyte M27Q-X

The thing is i am gaming alot of competitive shooters ( BR's , valorant, CoD, etc... ) but i also like getting lost now and then on awesome Single player games like RDR2 / Witcher and some others.

The problem is on single player games i can barely reach 70-100 fps which means the monitor will drop its response times. ( atlest for now until i will upgrade the graphics in the future - don't know exactly when )

I haven't posted in years .. just got in the mood and zoomed in on CoD. No Monitor is going to cure low FPS. However, all I play is CoD and I have the Alienware OLED & my old 32" Acer VA panel 2560x1440. In FPS games it's about Visual Acuity and not Visual Accuracy. In other words .. seeing them before they see you. Therefore I would start with a 32-in and ideally a curved screen to reduce eye strain and all HDR does is make the screen darker and reduces Visual Acuity. Oh and those people who say "32-in are too big for FPS" are 100% lying about it or don't actually play CoD. Since I don't know your price range:

$330 ASUS TUF Gaming 32" 1440P HDR Curved Monitor (VG32VQ1B)
G-Sync Nvidia list https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/

If you want 27" then a lot of Pros use the Zowie XL2746K TN 240Hz DyAc 27 Inch Gaming Monitor For Esports and again Visual Accuity is King!

Dubfreak

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2013
You pretty much already have the list. See here for direct comparisons.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/1440p-gaming-monitors
Thank you for your answer, as i saw that list again and again ( also they dont talk about few other monitors i posted ) -- im starting to think that MAYBE the thing i'm looking for is Nvidia's native GSYNC support ( the one with hardware in it ) which the ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM holds it -- from what i saw. It seems to help alot when you have low fps making everything smoother and clearer.

Last edited:

Dubfreak

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2013
I haven't posted in years .. just got in the mood and zoomed in on CoD. No Monitor is going to cure low FPS. However, all I play is CoD and I have the Alienware OLED & my old 32" Acer VA panel 2560x1440. In FPS games it's about Visual Acuity and not Visual Accuracy. In other words .. seeing them before they see you. Therefore I would start with a 32-in and ideally a curved screen to reduce eye strain and all HDR does is make the screen darker and reduces Visual Acuity. Oh and those people who say "32-in are too big for FPS" are 100% lying about it or don't actually play CoD. Since I don't know your price range:

$330 ASUS TUF Gaming 32" 1440P HDR Curved Monitor (VG32VQ1B)
G-Sync Nvidia list https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/

If you want 27" then a lot of Pros use the Zowie XL2746K TN 240Hz DyAc 27 Inch Gaming Monitor For Esports and again Visual Accuity is King!
Hello and thank you for your answer. Indeed the visual acuity is everything when it comes to Competitive Gaming but there's a catch. I have used a 32inch monitor for 2 years and the problems that i had with it it was the eye strain. Being that big it always made my eyes hurt during long sessions of gaming and this is why i want to drop to a 27 inch monitor so in this case 32'' are no option for me anymore.

Now talking about your other suggestion. Indeed that probably the best monitor out there for a hardcore competitive gaming but tbh i don't want to go that hardcore. I see that the monitor has 1080P and a TN panel which might be the best in Visual accuity but probably the colours would be really washed up because it uses a TN pannel so again, since now and then i want to relax from the competitiveness of the game and chill on single player games, i wouldn't want a monitor that is 1080 and has a TN pannel which in the ends, gets me back to the options i have listed above.

The thing is i kept researching and researching, saw peoples comments and from what i see, maybe what i want is literally having that NATIVE GSync module in the monitor. From what people are saying is that it helps alot with the smoothness and accuracy on LOW FPS moments making the transitions clearer and smoother.

So i might go for the
ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM in the end.

Still waiting to see what other people has to say. Im still not 100% sure yet.

My price range is also a maximum 620$ ( which in my local area i could buy the ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM on a discount moment

Hello and thank you for your answer. Indeed the visual acuity is everything when it comes to Competitive Gaming but there's a catch. I have used a 32inch monitor for 2 years and the problems that i had with it it was the eye strain.

Then you probably didn't have a curved screen. <1800R or less is the solution. If you want the screen in your face then an 800R curved screen.

Dubfreak

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2013
Thank you all for your responses. After i made some more research i found out that the best monitor to fit my request is PG279QM and i will also give an answer why i choose that.

Since my main problem was that i wanted to play competitive games but ALSO single player games which my pc would push them around 60-100 fps the issue was that a high refresh monitor would drop its response time / overshoot and pixel transition on that fps if its not constant 200+

The PG279QM is the best choice because it has the NATIVE G-SYNC MODULE in which doesn't require to change overdrives if you play games on 60 fps or 200+ fps because the GSYNC module actually does that for you since it can adapt everything in real time taking into consideration your FPS.

So i think in this perspective this monitor is the best over any other monitor.

Thank you again for your time!

Solution