16gb ddr4
Ssd and hdd
2 monitors

My last 2 corsair power supplies have died on me so I'm steering clear of them,

TheJJBman11

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
Your latest Corsair PSU isn't dead.

And how did the last one die? Did you keep flipping your wall switch on and off?
Fairs idk what's wrong with it though. It makes a bang, shuts the system off flashes sparks and makes electrical noises - no smell of burning or dust build up though

The RM550x is a really good unit. DEFINITELY RMA that unit, even if you purchase a replacement. Stick it in the closet as a backup, give it to a friend. Whatever, but don't let it go to waste.

Do you have any stores that you prefer to shop at, online or in person? That way I can look at the inventory of a place you normally purchase at. I live in the US so I am not totally familiar with the UK landscape.

Last edited:

TheJJBman11

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
The RM550x is a really good unit. DEFINITELY RMA that unit, even if you purchase a replacement. Stick it in the closet as a backup, give it to a fiend. Whatever, but don't let it go to waste.

Do you have any stores that you prefer to shop at, online or in person? That way I can look at the inventory of a place you normally purchase at. I live in the US so I am not totally familiar with the UK landscape.
Damn yeah it's a shame this has happened, I'm so confused what's gone on :/ I'll try get the warranty going for it..

And yeah I usually go to amazon :)

I was looking at this exact one, what would you recommend personally?

Thank you for all your help btw
I don't really have a lot of experience with EVGA, so I can't speak from personal experience. Maybe someone like Jon can provide a little more feedback. I do like PSU's with very low ripple, and the G3 certainly fits the bill there. EVGA has a good reputation overall.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS