Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2023
I missed a step when updating my bios to 5.70 (asrock b450m pro4) and was supposed to download the "allin1" file.
(https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M Pro4/index.asp#BIOS)

I am trying to downgrade my bios using flash usb to version 1.60. Since the instructions were to "Download a BIOS version that is older than a BIOS with PinnaclePI-AM4_1.0.0.5/1.0.0.6."
since the second method seems the fastest. (https://download.asrock.com/TSD/Display recovery SOP.pdf)

from v1.60 I would then update bios to 2.0 then back to 5.70 so I can install my new CPU. But I am currently getting an "Invalid file" message when trying to downgrade, I prepared my USB correctly so I'm not sure what I did wrong.

Also another question, if I wanted to get a new motherboard what would be a good one that supports my set up and comes with ryzen 5 compatibility

CPU: currently ryzen 2600x
CPU cooler: amd stock 2600x fan
Motherboard: asrock b450m pro4
Ram: 32gig ram corsair vengeance lpx
SSD/HDD: samsung SSD 1tb/Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe m.2 internal SSD
GPU: RTX 3080 EVGA
PSU: RM750 Watt 80 PLUS Gold (around 2 years old)
Chassis: Not sure, it's name is Infinity
Monitor: samsung lf22t350

which bios version was installed before updating to 5.70?

are you getting into BIOS? which version is showing up?

if 5.70, you won´t be able to downgrade, and it´s not necessary to do so either

just follow the SOP guide, uninstall the amd drivers

or what problem do you have now? just windows not booting or getting an error?

Jul 23, 2023
which bios version was installed before updating to 5.70?

are you getting into BIOS? which version is showing up?

if 5.70, you won´t be able to downgrade, and it´s not necessary to do so either

just follow the SOP guide, uninstall the amd drivers

or what problem do you have now? just windows not booting or getting an error?
I'm not sure what bios I had before, I went straight for the update after finding out

5.70 Is showing up

after uninstalling the amd drivers, what version should I be updating to. 2.0 then back to 5.70?

currently I have no problem, my os is fine with 5.70, but if I were to install my 5600x it wouldn't boot

if you don´t have any problem, don´t mess around with the bios anymore, you could damage the motherboard in worst case scenario, so just don´t .

Install latest AMD drivers in windows, and you are good to go with the 5600x.
reset the BIOS before trying to boot with the new CPU

Jul 23, 2023
if you don´t have any problem, don´t mess around with the bios anymore, you could damage the motherboard in worst case scenario, so just don´t .

Install latest AMD drivers in windows, and you are good to go with the 5600x.
reset the BIOS before trying to boot with the new CPU
reset bios by removing the cmos battery ?

Jul 23, 2023
use the clrcmos jumper shorten the two pins for about 5seconds while power is unplugged from the wall
installed and its working now, first installation had boot problems cause I didn't put enough thermal paste but now everything is fine. Didn't even need to downgrade, thanks

Reactions: helpstar
Status
Not open for further replies.