PCisverygood

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
Hi, wondering if anyone can help me. I recently bought a used gaming pc and I am having great trouble getting it to boot. About a month ago now, I went into my BIOS and enabled Secure Boot, nothing else, just clicked to enable secure boot. I saved the settings and the PC did not reboot as expected. It started to beep. 2 beeps for about 1.5 seconds, about a 2 second pause, and repeat. The cycle continues until the system is shut off.

There is no display on my monitor, and as far as I am aware, the graphics card power and HDMI were plugged in properly. I tried removing the CMOS battery for one hour, and nothing changed. There was someone in my local area who does IT support, and I had him try to help me. He tried reseating the graphics card, and RAM, but nothing happened. He said maybe the CMOS battery was dead, so I even resorted to Amazon and tried replacing the CMOS battery, but still nothing changed. Anyway, now the PC is still in a completely unbootable state. No POST, just beeps until the system is powered off. Any help is much appreciated.

My Specs:
Motherboard: Intel DQ77MK
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333MHz (manufacturer unknown)
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770S 3.10GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (4GB VRAM)
Storage Device: Samsung SSD SM841 mSATA 128GB (Boot Drive, formatted NTFS)

Solution
hi, your beep code means: Video error (no add-in graphics card installed)
as far as secure boot compatibility with hardware such as GPU goes, it needs to have compatible UEFI hardware
since it breaked with just switching to secure boot enabled, then it means your GPU doesnt not support UEFI mode or GOP driver (inside bios) is not compatible with your GPU
you should still have integrated GPU inside your CPU, try removing your nvidia GPU and connect monitor to mainboard video port, that should make your PC working again, once you get into bios, disable secure boot and then you can use your nvidia GPU again
as far as secure boot compatibility with hardware such as GPU goes, it needs to have compatible UEFI hardware
since it breaked with just switching to secure boot enabled, then it means your GPU doesnt not support UEFI mode or GOP driver (inside bios) is not compatible with your GPU
you should still have integrated GPU inside your CPU, try removing your nvidia GPU and connect monitor to mainboard video port, that should make your PC working again, once you get into bios, disable secure boot and then you can use your nvidia GPU again

Solution
Mar 27, 2022
Like he said the simplest solution is to plug your hdmi cable to your cpu intgrated graphic card i think i7-3770S has an Intel® HD Graphics 4000 lucky for you plug it then disable secure boo manually through BIOS for me it was really complicated i had this issue on gigabyte motherboard and gtx1660 super but i didn't have an integrated graphic card tired removing mother board battery and discharging it using pins bit didn't work so my last ressource is using Dual BIOS witch is a little bit advanced i think all modern motherboard now has this feature i manage to restore the old BIOS it was a really a nightmare for me but hopefully for you it will be a quick fix.

Mar 27, 2022
I had the same issue. Any ways to reset bios didnt help. I spend 6 hours and found solution for me. I have aorus b550 elite ax with q-flash plus feature that allows to update bios without bios interface (google it). So after updating bios pc just rebooted and started work correctly. Before update i unpluged all drives and external devices, also unpluged graphics card. And i didnt unplug the cpu (i read that u actually should unplug cpu to update by q-flash plus).

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2022
I had the same issue. Any ways to reset bios didnt help. I spend 6 hourse and found solution for me. I have aorus b550 elite ax with q-flash plus feature that allows to update bios without bios interface (google it). So after updating bios pc just rebooted and started work correctly. Before update i unpluged all drives and external devices, also unpluged graphics card. And i didnt unplug the cpu (i read that u actually should unplug cpu to update by q-flash plus).
for me my gigabyte motherboard didn't came with qflash bouton so i had to go with dual bios

PCisverygood

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
Thanks for the help! Will try this and see if it works.

PCisverygood

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
What am I supposed to do if the main board video port is displayport? I don’t have DP cable, only HDMI. Would I need to buy a displayport to HDMI converter?

PCisverygood

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
Like he said the simplest solution is to plug your hdmi cable to your cpu intgrated graphic card i think i7-3770S has an Intel® HD Graphics 4000 lucky for you plug it then disable secure boo manually through BIOS for me it was really complicated i had this issue on gigabyte motherboard and gtx1660 super but i didn't have an integrated graphic card tired removing mother board battery and discharging it using pins bit didn't work so my last ressource is using Dual BIOS witch is a little bit advanced i think all modern motherboard now has this feature i manage to restore the old BIOS it was a really a nightmare for me but hopefully for you it will be a quick fix.
So after I disable secure boot, will I be able to use the NVIDIA GPU again?

PCisverygood

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
Another thing real quick
I had also updated my NVIDIA Graphics Driver to the latest version. And all was fine on a reboot. But I can’t help but wonder whether this may have played a part in causing the issues with the GPU or whether it was just a BIOS thing, I don’t really know.