BLOW ME

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
BTW, your in that group "lemmings" too. dont think your fooling anyone.
That's right... he's not just fooling <i>any</i>one, he's fooling the <i>only</i> FUGGER on the board.......

stability, compatability,
LOL. Unless you can prove utherwise, stratch those two off!!

Well, by the way SSE2 helped P4 in all the benchmarks, it doesn't matter of the A4 doesn't have it or not it will still kick the P4's ass.

---------
Grass is a beautiful weed

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Dude, talk about me throwing a temper tantrum... ROFL@U

Calm down dude, AMD sucks dont hurt yourself attempting to defend.

ROFLMAOSHIBTFJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy [-peep-] you almost made me piss my pants (serious)........

---------

G

>G1 I like how you do not deny stability!!

Where is you're incompatibility proof? Keep ducking that one don't you?

I've had no unresolved stability problems.

<i>Cognite Tute</i>
(Think for Yourself)

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah, look in the mirror Grizley1.

now re-read your posts to me...

Need a pacifier?

In your posts they contain nothing of any importance, takes up several pages, and wreaks of [-peep-]. do us favor sunshine, go smoke a doob and get back with us later cause your just a rambling idiot ATM.

scarywoody

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Oh course I meant planet, duh! And I run Cyrix it totally gots the box that rocks. So I don't give a flying fvck about either company. I just know that AMD people are insecure and very defensive (not to mention they probably need to get laid). I only started this post for one reason. To see how long you morons would bitch bitch bitch.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
HEH, thats something I would do.

I love to see the lemmings squirm.

Props to scarywoody and his Cyrix.

Lemmings are most pathetic when they have to resort to "mavis beacon" style tactics and scold you on your spelling errors. as if they had no clue WTF you mean.

The whole band of them will chime in on every word I type. bigguy, grizley1, and some other lemmings like clockwork.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
LOL Yet again another great laugh!!!

Hhehehe!!!

you come in here ALL YOU DO is post BS, I come into your precious little thread and try to defend AMD and what do you do? Blame me of BS...... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
Wow, FUGGER, I go away and actually get some work done, then I come back and find that your whining has expanded this thread by three pages in as many hours. GG! What a productive life you lead! You must be proud! :tongue:

Oh, as for AMD reliability, my <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=5092" target="_new">rig</A> has crashed all of zero times in three months of steady torture. There goes your reliability argument!

And since you love hearing this, the dual AthlonMP royally whips the dual Xeon, compromised standard or not. The better wheel just keeps on rolling! :wink:

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."

jollygrinch

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i love how you manage to belittle amd supporters for not providing specs/benchmarks for claims they make. however, you say that you do not buy on market share, but on compatability, stability, etc....when challenged to come up with 10 products that an athlon or duron is incompatable with, you cant. you ignore that post and find something else to ridicule. the truth is, i don't think you can come up with even five. you're a sad little man. i also think whatever that guy's name is who started this thred with that article is funny too. trys to make a point, gets his snot nosed little face kicked all over the board, and then pretends like he just did it as a joke, and that he knew the article was crap. "haha, no mom, don't ground me...it was just a joke, i just wanted to see what you'd do when i took your money"

At the core of every system: "I'm sorry dave, i'm afraid i can't do that."

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Fugger,

No tantrum. Just defining the FFF term for those who are new to the forum and may not know.

Why did Wusy think you were banned? Were you indeed banned? If so, for what comment? You may flame others, give out bad information, but on rare occasion you do offer help.

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
Now I understand why you stand by Intel through these hard times. If your bosses were smart at SGI they would look to AMD as a better rendering enginge than Intels. It would again be nothing personal, just a smarter business solution. At the same time I understand your hate for AMD, due to the fact that an Athlon coupled with a GF3 beats all but your high dollar (nothing more than paitbox's)workstations. Can't wait to get flamed for this one, but you can save your breathe and try to flame me in another Forum as this will be my last post on this subject. Amazing that some of you guys could even figure out how to get online to post here, damn Microsoft and their user friendly OS.

scarywoody

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Holy crap guys I gotta apologize for all this. I was simply tryin to have some fun and then this innocent thread turned into this huge debacle. But then today I came across a website that cleared everything up. I look at AMD in a totally different light because I finally found out what the letters AMD stands for. It stands for how long it takes to boot into windows......All Motherf*ckin Day

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
I lied about not posting in this thread anymore, just for you scarywood(less). I own an Athlon 1.3 with 256MB/DDR with a FastTrak RAID running two WD 30gigs in Mode 0, My highest boot time comes in at 53 secs at total load, lowest (without an update occuring) is 39 secs. Thats all...

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
"It stands for how long it takes to boot into windows......All Motherf*ckin Day"

ROFLMAO

ok that was the best laugh i've had today, he beat you FUGGER!!! :frown:

My system takes exactly 25 seconds to boot.

---------

G

P3 is a dead end. P4 sucks and so will Northwood. Palomino will scale to at least 1.8GHz. Pooping in my pants?? I just checked and it's piss, caused by laughter.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Fugger, is that you? Did you create this name while you were banned? It's bad enough with one of you around here. Stick to one handle will ya! Damn, we should all start up a fight club, get in one big ring, and just kick you in the nutsack all at once....

<font color=red>Amd or Intel? Who cares?? Not me...</font color=red>

scarywoody

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
That's pretty lame if you're 1.3 Athlon's fastest booting time is 39 secs when not updating. I had a Pentium II 350 Mhz and it could boot windows in 41 seconds. But once again thank you AMD chode lickers for continuing to fire off over a meaningless statement that obviously has no point, "All Motherf*ckin Day". Gimme a break I though of that smart ass comment in about 40 seconds and pulled it out of my ass and already I'm gettin responses to it. hehe

kurokaze

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
As useless as some of them were,
I actually went through and read all the posts
in this thread! *pats myself on the back*

Anyway... few questions/comments.
Define boot time. Is it how long until you get
into your winbloze desktop or is it until you
all of your startup programs finish running?
Also, what windows? I know that Windows 3.1 will
get into the desktop in less than 26 seconds on my
system :lol:

Linux Kernel Compile time... My Pentium 120 took
over an hour to compile 2.2.17 and my P2-266 took
little over half an hour to do the same. Haven't
tried with my Tbird yet.

My Tbird is stable. Well, maybe except for Real Player.
Everytime I close it it generates an exception error.
Started happening after I installed Zone Alarm *shrug*
Other than that I've manage to overclock my system
by 40% (1Ghz to 1.4Ghz) and still stable.

What constitutes a Lemming (AMD or Intel)? By what
actions do you qualify as lemming-like?

Hmm.. scarywoody, are you on other forums? I could
have sworn I've seen your name before.. Hard Forum?
Anand? ArsTechnica?

I'll refrain from commenting on how useless flame wars
are.. but I suppose people do need to have SOME FUN.
:smile:

[edit]BTW, where's tbirdinside? I'm surprised he hasn't
jumped in yet :)[/edit]

Intel Components, AMD Components... all made in Taiwan!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by kurokaze on 06/14/01 08:15 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

"Even that POS currenert P4 has a few things A4 does not. stability, compatability, and SSE2."

Stability...
there we go again. You know as well as almost everyone in this group, there are *no* stability issues with current AMD cpu's. None, nada, zero. I dont know why they ask you to come up with 10 examples, I'd be interested to see only ONE. Yes, there are some issues with VIA boards (both intel and AMD), but even these are hardly worth mentioning. From my own experience, the only thing that doesnt work as it should, is STR3 (suspend to ram). And even that seems to be related to my PSU, and not even to the motherboard. Let alone AMD cpu's..

compatability..
*sigh*.. maybe you mean to say that AMD cpu's are incompatible with Intel's diagnostic software ? We all know AMD, Intel even VIA and Transmeta are 100% x86 compatible cpu's. Not 99.99%, but 100%. Maybe there are some exotic applications out there that use specific P2 or P3 codes (non x86), that do not run on anything else (maybe not even on a P4), but I'd like to hear of ONE sensible example of an application that doesnt run on a current AMD cpu. Just one will do.

SSE2
Pffffffff.. of course an AMD CPU doesnt offer it (yet). I Could say the same about intel cpu's that dont run 3DNow code.. The bottom line is, is it required, and/or does it help ? Not enough to boost performance beyond non-SSE2 chips as far a I can see in 99.9% of todays apps. I hope you're as glad with your SSE2 as I was with my MMX extensions many years ago.

"MP costs over 100 bucks more yet its slower, That thermal diode sure broke the bank or maybe it was the smartMP, no... try R&D."

First, the MP is different from the regular Athlon. It has among other things, hardware prefetch. Secondly, how different is a P4 Xeon from a regular P4 ? Why is more expensive ? Same business policy as AMD I'd say.. with a small difference, with AMD you have a choice. If you feel confident about SMP with regular Tbirds, nothing stops you.

I dont even know why I bother posting in this thread. Its obvious that we all have our standpoints, and we're not going to convince each other. The only thing that convinces me is benchmarks, reviews and price watch. Add to that my personal experience with all platforms (intel, Cyrix, AMD AND transmeta), and I'll make up my own mind. If that makes me a lemming, I'll be happy to be one.

---- Owner of the only Dell computer with a AMD chip

G

Like you I've requested, on many occassions, that Fugger provide a detailed list of stability and compatability issues with AMD CPU's and he's never come through. He's stated in the past that he's personally seen hundreds of issues so providing even a few specific examples, not hearsay, should be quite easy. Is it possible he's talking out his arse? Nahh!