Question Bluetooth Keyboard Letter Keys Stop responding

phife

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011
Hello good people,

i recently started to experience a new problem that i didn't have before. 2 years back i bought a Designer Keyboard by Microsoft. It connects via Bluetooth. Since then it worked perfectly. Now, starting about 1 week back, the keboard doesn't register any keystrokes except for the F-Keys.

I haven't been able to reproduce when exactly this happens, but here are some observations:
  • I can add it repeatedly without issues and during this process apparently they number keys work too because i have to enter a pin to pair it
  • after waking the pc up from sleep, the keys do work, but after an undefined number of minutes/hours it stops registering keystrokes except the F-keys. Aftr that happened, i have to restart the pc. Only then it works again. It doesn't matter if i remove the board and pair it again prior to restarting or not
  • The keyboard is listed in device manager, but only under BT devices, not under Keyboards
And now something peculiar:
If the BT-keyboard letter and number keys stop responding, and i plug in my usb keyboard, the problem persists on the usb-board as well. Meaning on the usb-board, only the f-keys work, none other.
But if i restart my pc, which leads to all the letters working again on my BT-keyboard, and then i plug in my usb-board as well, all the keys work as well. Which maybe means the problem is not Bluetooth related.

Yesterday i did a clean re-install of windows 10 and now running on 20.20. Prior to yesterday it was the version before that, i can't remember.
I only have a USB mouse, no other BT devices connected and using the inbuilt BT-receiver of my motherboard. Otherwise it's a clean install of Windows 10 Pro.

I hope you people might have an idea of how this could be resolved. Thanks in advance and kind regards
Phife

phife

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011
Bump.

So it may have something to do with the Onboard Intel Bluetooth Adapter. I have experienced connection loss while working or gaming as well now.

I still have a BT USB dongle, that seems to work better or so far even without issues. The thing is, that the Intel stuff keeps re-installing itself (or Win installs it) .

I have turned off automatic installation of drivers in the "Devices and Printers" Sub Menu, but everytime after start up, the Intel thing is installed, and i experience the same problems.

Here is a screenshot of the device list. I can't remove the Intel device per right click.
View: https://imgur.com/a/eTJQX4t

Do you guys have an idea how i can remove the entries and stop Windows from installing the Intel BT adapter everytime i start up or wake up from sleep?