Jan 28, 2022
Hello everyone, this is my first post onto this forum after quite literally years of lurking. I apologize in advance if this is not posted to the right area.

I have been experiencing periodic blue screen issues with my PC for about 2 to 3 months now. Various things causing crashes, too long to list. It got to a point where I was so tired of having to perform various fixes that I opted to just reinstall windows last night. I even created an entirely new USB to install from, downloaded the latest version from Microsoft just to make sure it wasn't my old bootable USB that was the problem.

After installing windows, updating, installing GPU and mobo drivers, I ran an elevated command prompt and executed and sfc /scannow command. To my surprise, "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log." appeared before me.

Is this normal? Should a fresh and seemingly flawless install of Windows results in corrupted files being found?

After running that, experiencing no crashes while testing the system. I downloaded steam, a few games, and just enjoyed the PC as normal and for the most part I have done the same today.

Until today, at 5:45pm PST, less than 48 hours since I put a fresh OS onto my system. It crashed. I have the dump file here, as well as as screenshot of what bluescreenview told me about the crash. It is located HERE (sorry about the mega but I don't use onedrive).

Things I have already done in effort to diagnose the problem:
  • Run memtest86 multiple times on my RAM, in dual channel, and individually, with and without XMP, yielding 0 errors on all passes
  • Use DDU to completely remove and reinstall my NVidia drivers
  • Remove/Uninstall/Updated any possible software that could be causing crashes (iCUE, Asrock RGB, MSI Afterburner, etc)
  • Stress/Test the system with various benchmarking/testing software (GPU, CPU, RAM intensive tasks, Crystal Disk, etc)
  • Bring my PC to a local tech who ran much of the same hardware tests that I did, revealing no hardware component as failing.
If anyone has any advice, or can tell me where to go from here I would really appreciate it. I am kind of throwing my arms up at this point and just living with the daily BSODs.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022
But haven't run MEMTEST on all the RAM at the same time?
What is the full list of hardware components that you have, including power supply?

My mistake in not clarifying. I have run memtest86 in about every configuration possible. With both modules, and individually. All passes and all configurations have yielded 0 errors. (I have also edited the original post to reflect this.)

Full Spec List
Motherboard - ASROCK B550 Taichi
CPU - Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU - NVidia GTX 1070 Founders Edition
RAM - 32gb DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
PSU - PowerSpec 850w Gold Fully Modular RGB (PSX 850GFM )

If you're interested in other components like fans or my AIO I can add those as well.

Thank you for your time.

Jan 28, 2022
That would be my recommendation to see if that is what is causing your BSOD.

I will disable it and continue use for the next while to see if that has any impact.

I should state as well that my current RAM is only a little over a month old, I purchased this kit in on black Friday.

Jan 28, 2022
I would stop there. Too many changes at once makes it difficult to isolate why it works or doesn't.

Understood. System has been 100% stable since updating BIOS and disabling XMP. I'm going to continue to operate it that way for the next few days.

Do you recommend I reenable XMP if my system is stable over the next few days?

kanewolf

Titan
Understood. System has been 100% stable since updating BIOS and disabling XMP. I'm going to continue to operate it that way for the next few days.

Do you recommend I reenable XMP if my system is stable over the next few days?
You can try it. If not stable, you may be able to manually set timings but bump the RAM voltage a few hundredths. If you need to do that, I would recommend starting a new thread and link back to this one for reference.

TRENDING THREADS