miknepa

Reputable
May 20, 2019
SPECS:
GPU: Aorus 2080Ti Xtreme 11G
CPU: 9980XE (not overclocked)
Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z73
RAM: 4x16 Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz (used to be a 8x16 kit but 4 sticks or slots on the motherboard broke)
MOBO: ROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega
STORAGE: 2TB Samsung Evo 970 NVMe SSD
STORAGE 2: 6TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS HDD

-No problems when it's idle
-BSOD Happens ONLY, and I MEAN ONLY when gaming graphics-intensive games, so far I've played Rust and Naraka Bladepoint and those 2 surely cause the bluescreen
-I've run Prime95 and Furmark AT THE SAME TIME, CPU on 60 Deg. celsius and GPU maxing out at 80-82 Deg. celsius, no crash.
-Memtestx86, 0 Errors
-CrystaldiskInfo, 99% health SSD and No problems HDD
-No Minidumps

What's notable:
I had this problem really badly when I had overclocks on my 9980XE (allcore 4 GHz), removed them: temporarily fixed the issue, no BSOD for around 2 days, and now we're back. I also noticed that completely reducing the graphic settings of games until they look like a Nintendo 64 game either heavily reduces the amount or eliminates the BSOD.
I already used DDU before I had this problem to reset my GPU drivers, also recently updated them.
I ran "msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic" in cmd and got a LOAD of "problems" including stuff like "Unknown Device" or problems with system drivers, so many that I could not count them and I cannot recall what things they were. Then I went into the Windows update setting and clicked on optional updates, it showed a ton of drivers that needed update that were mostly related to my CPU, then I updated, checked event viewer and it failed basically all of them, I'm investigating that issue right now.
Since I bought this RAM I cannot enable XMP. They are running at 2666 MHz because everytime I enable XMP the PC crashes/BSODs, this is very weird and might be due to just faulty ram, this has always been like this though.
This problem just came out of nowhere when I first got Naraka Bladepoint, I played for a bit and then the first BSOD happened, since then Rust BSOD's as well.

Now to the things I've collected:
Eventviewer has this: (happened while playing Naraka Bladepoint a little while earlier)

1st: The game freezes, I can still hear and talk on discord
2nd: 3 seconds after this, the actual crash occurs, generates 2 events that happen at the exact time of the BSOD and at the same time.

Event ID 161
asodjaospdjasd.PNG

Event ID 41
aojoiahsdasd.PNG

The only thing I see on the screen is the "blue curtain of death" being rolled down on my main monitor and then the text popping up with that sad face. Instead of having a progress bar (it writing a dump file) it just stays on the BSOD for 2s and then auto-restarts the PC.
I'm extremely frustrated at this and I thank anyone that responds in advance. I can provide any other information that's needed.

EDIT: Im going to make a new thread as I've tried some more stuff and the problem has now "evolved"

Last edited:
Solution
bugcheck code 292 (decimal) is the same as bugcheck 0x124 (hex)

you will want to remove any overclocking and monitor temperatures.
make sure your gpu fans are running at maximum speed.