Question BSOD windows 10 not booting need help asap

Mar 2, 2019
Making new build put all parts together and even booted windows 10 pro onto it and it worked fine.

Also I have tried using a different key and trying to boot it from the 2tb hard drive and same thing happens again.

However i have a i5-6600k and asus z170-e motherboard so that i can overclock.

So thing is i turned on turbo boost and didn't even touch voltages or the core speed but now the system goes into a BSOD (blue screen of death) and cant boot.
It says file:\BCD
Error code:0xc0000098
and thing is when i went back into bios settings and reverted everything this still happens. and i even tried taking out the cmos and putting it back in a minute later and also i have even reinstalled windows from another driver.

Tried it from USB and disk and drive. still doesn't work. really need help on this.
Feels like i have tried everything and it doesnt work.

also if this is a hardware issue is there any way to find out what components of my system needs replacing.

My specs:
550w psu
Asus strix gtx 1070
i5-6600k
Ausus z170-e motherboard
2x4gb hyper x fury ram
corsair h80i water cooler
480gb ssd
2tb hard drive

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019
Could you be more clear. Ill clarify you have made a recovery media key, make sure to set it to the top of your boot order, and try to boot from it. You then can reinstall windows onto the ssd. Dont insert a product key for now and skip that step.
right now it just goes blank straight away and doesn't allow me to access anything

Mar 2, 2019
Could you be more clear. Ill clarify you have made a recovery media key, make sure to set it to the top of your boot order, and try to boot from it. You then can reinstall windows onto the ssd. Dont insert a product key for now and skip that step.
its definitely not the ssd but do you think the power supply might have caused something like this? because its a blank screen and i wasn't sure if it was enough