Denide

Reputable
Jun 6, 2016
So, I am planning to buy a new PC but I am not sure should I spend some more money on GPU.
The build I am planning to get is:

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 2700 3,2 up to 4,1
GPU: Radeon XFX RX 570 8GB
SSD: 120 GB
RAM: 8 GB
MoBo: MSI A320M -A PRO

But I don't know is it worth getting this GPU instead:

Radeon RX 590 FATBOY

Solution
Make sure your motherboard's BIOS supports a 2700 out of the box (check MSI's site for the exact model) or you might need another CPU to update the BIOS first.

The 590s are pretty bad values right now; you pretty much need to find a 590 for under $200 to make it justifiable compared to a superior 1660 Super at $230, which is where many of those are settling at the moment and an RX 580 at $170, which is only about 10% slower than the 590.

I won't make any specific recommendations without knowing the PSU, though. Most PSU questions are GPU questions too.

DSzymborski

Titan
Make sure your motherboard's BIOS supports a 2700 out of the box (check MSI's site for the exact model) or you might need another CPU to update the BIOS first.

The 590s are pretty bad values right now; you pretty much need to find a 590 for under $200 to make it justifiable compared to a superior 1660 Super at $230, which is where many of those are settling at the moment and an RX 580 at $170, which is only about 10% slower than the 590.

I won't make any specific recommendations without knowing the PSU, though. Most PSU questions are GPU questions too.

Reactions: Denide
Solution

Denide

Reputable
Jun 6, 2016

Power supply for this one is ATX 600W.
Whereas for the build with RX 590 FatBoy, motherboard is Gigabyte B450M with Argus APS 620W power supply.

I am still thinking that I won't lose much if I decide to go with RX 570. If it's only 10% difference, then it is better to forward that money toward a good HDD or something.
Maybe I get some space in the future to upgrade that GPU.

Denide

Reputable
Jun 6, 2016
What is your budget, and what are your plans, for this PC?
Around 700$. I am not planning to go crazy 4k gaming and stuff like that. Maybe something that would run AAA games without too much struggle. I would use it here and there for photo and video editing, or for Blender. But again, nothing too crazy.

USAFRet

Titan
Around 700$. I am not planning to go crazy 4k gaming and stuff like that. Maybe something that would run AAA games without too much struggle. I would use it here and there for photo and video editing, or for Blender. But again, nothing too crazy.

Reactions: Denide