Question Buzzing noise when using audio output on the back of the computer

nikolait

Commendable
Nov 1, 2017
When my pc is on and I have my headphones plugged in to the audio output on the back of the motherboard it makes a buzzing sound. The more hardware intense the games i play are, the louder the buzzing gets. When I am on my desktop it makes a slight buzzing sound when i move my cursor. If I use the audio output on the front of the case the buzzing stops.Is there any way to fix this?

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your headphones? Most people tend to forget to plug their headphones all the way into the analog audio output port at the rear I/O panel. You might want see if you have any BIOS updates pending for your motherboard and then try uninstalling and reinstalling your audio drivers.

nikolait

Commendable
Nov 1, 2017
Make and model of your headphones? Most people tend to forget to plug their headphones all the way into the analog audio output port at the rear I/O panel. You might want see if you have any BIOS updates pending for your motherboard and then try uninstalling and reinstalling your audio drivers.
I have tried Bose Noise Cancelling headphones 700, HyperX Cloud Alpha with and without microphone and headphone splitter cable and Bose Soundsport wired. The issue persists with all three.

I have checked the grounding as well and it seems perfectly fine to me. I even checked if it's because of EM interference by running an extension cord from the front of the case to the back and plugging in my headphones there but without luck. There is no new BIOS update for my motherboard and uninstalling and reinstalling audio drivers didn't help.

Thank you for the help. And yes I have checked that they are plugged all the way in. Anything else it could be?