Question Buzzing sound in the microphone when the GPU is under load. Why is this happening?

Jan 24, 2023
When I playing games and my GIGABYTE 3060 ti is at 100% load or near it has a strong coil whine. Thats ok, I don't mind. But recently my friends say they can hear an annoying buzzing while we are playing games. And yes, this is true, if I record a video I can hear it too. I link the recording so you can listen it. But It wasn't a problem a month ago and I didn't change anything in my setup. I don't know what causing the issue, I reinstalled all my drivers, I cleaned my PC, I rearranged all my cables, I changed the power cord, I tried to power the PC from another outlet but nothing. And the microphone is working fine too with another computer, and Do you know what can cause the issue?

The recording example: http://sndup.net/m6sr

PassMark

Distinguished
I assume this is an analogue mike? Might be picking up electrical interference (EMI). Either in the unshielded mic cable or internally on the motherboard PCB. Do you have an alternative Front port (or Read port) to try?

Do you have a USB Mic to try. These have a ADC (analogue to digital converter) in the headset and so are less susceptible to interference.

Jan 24, 2023
I assume this is an analogue mike? Might be picking up electrical interference (EMI). Either in the unshielded mic cable or internally on the motherboard PCB. Do you have an alternative Front port (or Read port) to try?

Do you have a USB Mic to try. These have a ADC (analogue to digital converter) in the headset and so are less susceptible to interference.
This is a usb mic (sorry I didn't mention it earlier), if I try a mic with Jack it works perfectly fine. And I tried a front usb too, it has the same issue. It came from out of the blue, I didn't have this problem before.

PassMark

Distinguished
Are you using any fancy audio mixer software, or some software that came with the suspect USB Mic?

Did you tr the same Mic on another machine (i.e. is it really related to your video card, or does the problem move with the Mic)?

If the video card is making a lot of audible noise, then maybe the Mic is working fine and it just picking up the ambient background noise?

Jan 24, 2023
Are you using any fancy audio mixer software, or some software that came with the suspect USB Mic?

Did you tr the same Mic on another machine (i.e. is it really related to your video card, or does the problem move with the Mic)?

If the video card is making a lot of audible noise, then maybe the Mic is working fine and it just picking up the ambient background noise?
I dont use any mixer software. I tried the mic with another computer and there it works fine. The mic iss definetly not picking up background noise, on the record you can hear it too, it has the same volume if I put the mic far away from my pc with a long cable. I dont know how could a usb mic can have this sound, it didn't do that before.