Question Can i get away with having 1 exhaust fan temporarily??

Pythonbites

Reputable
Feb 19, 2017
So, I'm building my new Ryzen 5 2600x build with the stock cooler. I'm using the Aerocool Cylon case. So, I have all the parts ready, but I haven't got enough for a graphics card for another couple of weeks. The case comes with a 120mm fan at the rear. So, could I get away with using a non overclocked Ryzen 5 2600x with a stock cooler and a GT 1030 for about 13 days? (I have a spare 1030)

Sure, especially with a GT 1030 it won't be an issue. Even with a more powerful GPU the heat may get warm, but nothing should overheat as long as you have at least one fan.

But you should get at least 1-2 front intake fans down the road.

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Just about every single Dell, HP, Lenovo, Sony, Compaq etc pre-built pc made up until recently, only ever came available with a single 80-120mm exhaust. Literally no place possible to even consider mounting an intake. Yet this also included Pentium 4 cpus that ran hot enough to fry eggs 3 feet away.

You'll be way plenty fine running a single exhaust, you have nowhere near the heat output of many of those older lga775, Athlon II, P4 pc's that also ran AMD's version of a space heater they called a gpu. With a single exhaust.