Question Can i keep all of my drives the same, to use in a new pc.

Jun 7, 2019
I have had my pc for 2 years now, and i am building a pc with a i7 8700k, asus prime z270 motherboard, corsair vengeance ram, and a 1080ti. i want to know if it is possible to just build the system and just use all of my old drives without wiping them or deleting anything. i dont want to delete my os or start again because it is 4 tb hard rive and has a lot of data on it.
if this is possible please let me know as soon as possible.

Jun 7, 2019
OS will need to be reinstalled (preferably on a new SSD).
But old drives can be connected as secondary storage and you can access data from them.
so i am going to have to select the data i want transfers that onto another hard drive and then wipe the os drive and reinstall,
so if i do that then build the computer, then install windows with only my new drive i can plug in all of my other drives afterwards and my data will be fine. ?

Wolfshadw

Titan
so i am going to have to select the data i want transfers that onto another hard drive and then wipe the os drive and reinstall,
so if i do that then build the computer, then install windows with only my new drive i can plug in all of my other drives afterwards and my data will be fine. ?

If it's strictly data on the old drives, then it will be fine. If you installed applications onto the secondary (non-OS) drive, those programs will need to be reinstalled once the OS is installed on the new drive.

-Wolf sends