Question Can I plug a different microphone into a wireless headset? Or at least just make the corsair hs70 mic sound better?

shadomaster

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
I'm getting a new wireless headset. The headset itself is fine but the microphone quality is a little lacking. I don't really want to go and buy a mod-mic wireless because they're ridiculously expensive. I was wondering if it was possible to plug in another microphone dongle into the headset, therefore replacing the stock mic with an aftermarket option.

Otherwise, does anyone know how to make the mic quality better on the corsair hs70? Maybe a software solution?

shadomaster

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
You should be able to. Though the shape of the Microphone port is quite weird so I am not sure if there are many compatible mics out there.

I have a hyperx Cloud 2 who's microphone is noise canceling. I was just wondering if I could plug that in and have the noise canceling effect still work or if it only worked for that headset. (given it fits into the new headset)

shadomaster

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
Noise cancelling doesn't have to do with the headphones but the microphone itself. I am guessing if you have all the drivers up-to-date (if any) then it should work no problem.

Thanks for your help. I was actually also wondering why there are microphones out right now like modmics and V-MODA BoomPro's. The latter of which directly plugs into your headset and then in to your computer. Do you know of any option for a similar microphone with quality as good as that, that doesn't need to be plugged into the computer and can just be used like the microphone that comes with the headset originally?

TRENDING THREADS