Question Can only access Intel Rapid Storage Technology

Gincal

Prominent
Jul 29, 2020
Got myself an ASUS ROG G20AJ with Windows 10.

A while back it stopped booting, the cpu fans would start and instantly stop. A friend of mine suggested that sometimes, when he was cleaning his components, he had to reset the BIOS battery, so he came over, we opened it all up and did that it worked.

Yesterday the same thing occurred and I did the same thing and when I turned it on it forced me into the bios so I could setup my boot options, I got to access the bios settings but my SSD (where I have windows installed) wasn't available as a boot option. It was recognised as physically there but I couldn't choose it as a boot option. I could, however, click on it, so I did that and it turned black and came back to the same bios interface.

After talking with my friend again we decided something should be wrong with the SSD, so I was going to install an image from Windows on a flash drive and try to format the whole thing, so I turned off the pc.

But I felt like it wasn't that easy so I turned it back on just to confirm I could come back to the bios settings if needed, and low and behold I couldn't.

My pc starts and shows up an image for only a fraction of a second and then goes black and enters an infinite loop of turning my monitor on and off.

After a few attempts I managed to read something like "press ctrl + I for configuration" but I didn't know what for, so I did that and now I'm in a completely new interface -- Intel Rapid Storage Technology - Option ROM - 13.0.0.2075 ( View: https://imgur.com/gallery/6gINnCQ
)

I cant access any other interface whatsoever.

Should I still go on with the windows image plan or I won't even be able to access it?

Now that I think about it, yesterday, when I tried booting it and it failed the first time I could still enter the bios and my SSD wasn't set as an option for booting. I let it rest for the night and tried again this morning when I couldn't even access the bios which made me find the battery and reset it.

Any kind of help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you so much,

Pedro

Lutfij

Titan
Once you power up the system, you should be able to mash the DEL key to allow you to get into BIOS. The reason you're seeing that screen is due to the storage controller set to RAID. It should be set to AHCI.

If you constantly need to replace the CMOS battery, then there's more at fault. Either your CMOS battery needs replacing with a fresh cell or you need to sort out a power related issue(i.e, grounding) in your crib.

Gincal

Prominent
Jul 29, 2020
Once you power up the system, you should be able to mash the DEL key to allow you to get into BIOS. The reason you're seeing that screen is due to the storage controller set to RAID. It should be set to AHCI.

If you constantly need to replace the CMOS battery, then there's more at fault. Either your CMOS battery needs replacing with a fresh cell or you need to sort out a power related issue(i.e, grounding) in your crib.

The key to access the bios used to be f1, should I mash that instead? Also, before or after I get the prompt to enter the configuration? Also, how do I change it from RAID to AHCI afterwards?

Thank you so much, I'll try it as soon as I get home!

Gincal

Prominent
Jul 29, 2020

I got to install a Windows image and I was already installing when it needed to restart the computer but then it didn't boot to the windows interface again, so I turned it off and back on and went into the bios options and made the usb flash drive the first boot option but now it doesn't boot and it doesn't let me access the Intel Rapid Storage Technology nor the bios, even tho I was smashing both f1 and del as previous.

TRENDING THREADS