[SOLVED] Cannot disable CSM, auto enabled after reboot

Jun 26, 2021
Hello, I want to install Windows 10 in UEFI Mode. But, every time I disable CSM in my motherboard's BIOS Setup, it gets auto-enabled after reboot. What is the reason? Can bios update fix it? Or is there any other solution?

My specs:
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU : Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti
Mobo : ASRock AB350M-HDV

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Does this process has a chance of corruption of system files? Should I make a recovery drive before proceeding?
It's very reliable but anytime there are low-level changes being made to a disk drive there's a chance things can go wrong. Yes, make backups of user data on the system disk. This should not touch data drives if those drives are on separate disks.

I don't know how useful a recovery drive might be if it goes south, though. Installing Windows is so easy now that, with a complete backup of your user data, just re-install it should anything go bad. If you are faced with the problem, this time be sure to let it convert the system drive to GPT.
Does this process has a chance of corruption of system files? Should I make a recovery drive before proceeding?
It's very reliable but anytime there are low-level changes being made to a disk drive there's a chance things can go wrong. Yes, make backups of user data on the system disk. This should not touch data drives if those drives are on separate disks.

I don't know how useful a recovery drive might be if it goes south, though. Installing Windows is so easy now that, with a complete backup of your user data, just re-install it should anything go bad. If you are faced with the problem, this time be sure to let it convert the system drive to GPT.

Solution
Did convert the drive into GPT. But now I'm getting Boot-loops. And the CSM problem still remains.
After converting OS drive to GPT, you have to change boot settings in BIOS.
Make windows boot manager - as first boot potion.
Also disable secure boot.

After changing any settings in BIOS, you have to save the changes. Or they do not get applied.
If you do save changes ant they do not persist after reboot, then it's possible, BIOS battery has gone bad and needs to be replaced.

Jun 26, 2021
After converting OS drive to GPT, you have to change boot settings in BIOS.
Make windows boot manager - as first boot potion.
Also disable secure boot.

After changing any settings in BIOS, you have to save the changes. Or they do not get applied.
If you do save changes ant they do not persist after reboot, then it's possible, BIOS battery has gone bad and needs to be replaced.

Changed the CMOS Battery a long time ago, didn't fix that. Other settings were saved without any problem, but the CSM. Also, first boot priority was set to Windows Boot Manager but nothing fixed.