Jun 12, 2023
Hello everyone! I recently purchased a used XFX RS RX 570 Black Edition 8 GB graphics card with the following details: Part Number 113-57085STB3-W90, Subsystem ID 1682 C570, and Device ID 1002 67DF. However, when I initially attempted to boot the card, it didn't work. To troubleshoot the issue, I switched to the secondary quiet (switch position 2) VBIOS, and the card powered up without any problems.

Next, I decided to switch back to the primary (performance) BIOS and used the amdvbflash tool to save it. Upon inspection, I discovered that the BIOS was from 2019 and seemed to be a mining BIOS, as the memory clocks were significantly higher than the standard specifications for any XFX RX 570. Nonetheless, I tried using the original VBIOS from TechPowerup, but encountered Code 43 in the task manager when attempting to boot up.

Suspecting a potential issue with the VBIOS chip, I decided to flash the quiet (switch position 2) VBIOS that I had previously saved. Surprisingly, the card booted up successfully with this BIOS. Despite having two similar VBIOS options for my card, I tried both of them, but they both resulted in Code 43 errors. Fortunately, I can identify the correct VBIOS for my card based on the Part Number.

Currently, I am using the quiet BIOS (bios switch position 2) as it works fine without any error codes in the device manager. However, I noticed that the stock fan curve appears to be modified, and I cannot set the fans to less than 75% using either AMD Adrenalin software or MSI Afterburner.

If anyone could offer assistance or suggestions regarding this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. Also if necessary, I can upload both the quiet BIOS and the potential mining BIOS that I saved from the graphics card for someone with more expertise to examine and provide assistance. In case I cannot find compatible VBIOS, it it possible for someone to modify this quiet VBIOS to have normal and user adjustable fan curve.

GPU sticker picture in link below, If necessary.
https://i.ibb.co/QFrrYqp/IMG-5865.jpg

Solution
Ultimately, I agree with the previous posters. You should return the card immediately.

However, if that's not an option, I encountered a situation in which an RX 580 2048 SP 8GB wouldn't work with a motherboard that didn't have a UEFI-type BIOS so what motherboard are you trying to use?

If the motherboard isn't the issue and has a UEFI-type BIOS, then maybe you could try flashing the card.

Here's your card's original vBIOS from the TechPowerUp vBIOS Collection. It has all of the codes in this listing that you provided:
vBIOS for XFX Radeon RX 570 Black Edition 8GB - Part Number 113-57085STB3-W90, Subsystem ID 1682 C570, Device ID 1002 67DF

I will reiterate that you really should send this card back. This is only worth...

Lutfij

Titan
I recently purchased a used
+
I discovered that the BIOS was from 2019 and seemed to be a mining BIOS
If I were you, I'd return the card and ask for a refund. This is only going to be a money pit of sorts(more like a resource hog) and chances are even a VBIOS flash won't address the abuse the card was subjected to when you're seeing a mining BIOS on it. In fact, the cards of that era were all mined with heavily.

Reactions: Avro Arrow
If this card was used for mining, then like Lutfij has already said, it should go straight back to the seller or retailer. It's unlikely you're going to fix the vbios issue and even if you did it's highly likely the card was ridden to death in mining operations, which is the more likely reason why you are having problems with it. This is EXACTLY why I highly recommend AGAINST buying used graphics cards. The majority of them are ex-mining cards and a hell of a lot of the ones that aren't, are cards that somebody rode to almost the point of death gaming which is why they are selling them now trying to get some poor fool to help reimburse them for the cost of the new card they just bought.

Very bad idea to buy used graphics cards unless you know the person well enough that you would not have a problem inviting them to Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner at your mother's house. Anybody else, will rip you off.

The fact that the card works when set to it's hamstrung configuration using quiet vbios doesn't really mean much other than the fact that there is still a portion of the card that works, but there is another portion that doesn't and there should be no need to fix anything on hardware you just purchased.

Ultimately, I agree with the previous posters. You should return the card immediately.

However, if that's not an option, I encountered a situation in which an RX 580 2048 SP 8GB wouldn't work with a motherboard that didn't have a UEFI-type BIOS so what motherboard are you trying to use?

If the motherboard isn't the issue and has a UEFI-type BIOS, then maybe you could try flashing the card.

Here's your card's original vBIOS from the TechPowerUp vBIOS Collection. It has all of the codes in this listing that you provided:
vBIOS for XFX Radeon RX 570 Black Edition 8GB - Part Number 113-57085STB3-W90, Subsystem ID 1682 C570, Device ID 1002 67DF

I will reiterate that you really should send this card back. This is only worth trying if you're stuck with it.

Last edited:
Solution
If that was the case, then it wouldn't work with the secondary vbios, the "quiet" position, either. Unless it's a card that has options for both legacy and UEFI configurations like some of the R2xx series cards like the 280x dual had. This card however, I'm pretty sure does not have that.

If that was the case, then it wouldn't work with the secondary vbios, the "quiet" position, either. Unless it's a card that has options for both legacy and UEFI configurations like some of the R2xx series cards like the 280x dual had. This card however, I'm pretty sure does not have that.
You're probably right but I was just covering all the bases. That's why I gave the link to the vBIOS for that card, I wasn't even remotely confident that the motherboard was the issue.

Jun 12, 2023

I will reiterate that you really should send this card back. This is only worth trying if you're stuck with it.
I am incredibly grateful and overjoyed right now! It's hard to put into words just how thankful I am. The vBIOS you provided worked flawlessly, and I didn't encounter the dreaded code 43 issue. It's strange how the one "official" vBIOS from database didn't work, but this one did. Your solution proved to be the perfect fit. Thank you once again!

I am incredibly grateful and overjoyed right now! It's hard to put into words just how thankful I am. The vBIOS you provided worked flawlessly, and I didn't encounter the dreaded code 43 issue. It's strange how the one "official" vBIOS from database didn't work, but this one did. Your solution proved to be the perfect fit. Thank you once again!
Well, I'm glad that I could help and thank you for giving me best answer.

I have to say though, you made it easy by having all of the relevant information at hand. Very few here do that so kudos to you for your efforts as well! :giggle:(y)