Apr 30, 2020
Hello, I have been trying for the past 2 months to run a Minecraft server with no luck. My issue is I cannot open port 25565, when I try portforward tester canyouseeme.org it says Connection refused. My server software is working just fine. My router is Tplink Archer C6. I have configured my firewall. Does anybody have an idea whats wrong?? Thanks.
7ddc6f859f23f185282fb3a201a32c31-full.png

kanewolf

Titan
Hello, I have been trying for the past 2 months to run a Minecraft server with no luck. My issue is I cannot open port 25565, when I try portforward tester canyouseeme.org it says Connection refused. My server software is working just fine. My router is Tplink Archer C6. I have configured my firewall. Does anybody have an idea whats wrong?? Thanks.
Besides the port forward, you need to validate that you have a public IP address on that router. Check the WAN status page. If the IP starts with 10.x.y.z, or 100.64.x.y, or 192.168.x.y then you don't have a public IP address.
You can double check the IP address returned by whatsmyip.com against the WAN status page. If they don't match you can't port forward.

Apr 30, 2020
Besides the port forward, you need to validate that you have a public IP address on that router. Check the WAN status page. If the IP starts with 10.x.y.z, or 100.64.x.y, or 192.168.x.y then you don't have a public IP address.
You can double check the IP address returned by whatsmyip.com against the WAN status page. If they don't match you can't port forward.
thanks for responding, I have bought public ip from ISP, but the router is still saying that my ip is 192.168..... restart of router did not help, do i have to set this up somehow?