Sep 5, 2019
Hi the pc case i am using is a gamdias Talos E1 Tempered Window with 2 RGB Fan Micro-ATX

i am trying to put 2 x 120mm fan on the top of case and another 120mm fan on the rear and having another 2 pre-installed on the front, i think the fans on the front are a different version to the ones i bought individually. The three 120mm RGB fans i bought is Gamdias Fan 120mm Addressable RGB - Aeolus m1-1201

is there anyway i can connect these 3 RGB 120mm fans to my motherboard without having to buy a new motherboard, my motherboard is a msi b450m gaming plus which has only two RGB 12V headers, not having a 5V, i have looked at many forums and places to see if this issue can be resolved and i have come across a thread where many people saying to use this product, would it be safe for me to do so? thanks.

here is the link to the RGB converter: https://www.amazon.com/DEEPCOOL-Convertor-Transfer-Motherboard-Products/dp/B07QPYSC82

Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

Those fans are for direct connection to your PSU, in this case, I would really avoid that converter since you are overloading your SATA ports for something that is not designed.

What PSU do you have? Usually, most PSU has enough V5 lines for connecting those fans without problems.

puria101

Prominent
Jul 28, 2019
Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

Those fans are for direct connection to your PSU, in this case, I would really avoid that converter since you are overloading your SATA ports for something that is not designed.

What PSU do you have? Usually, most PSU has enough V5 lines for connecting those fans without problems.
I have a corsair tx 550m gold, so if i overload these connecters to the hub it would damage motherboard and psu?

I am not saying that you are going to damage the motherboard if you use it, but SATA ports are designed for HDD, SSD and not RGB fans.

Maybe both use the same voltage (5V) but I am pretty sure that will not use the same current plus the fact that at the end you are connecting 3 fans to the same SATA port.

Check your PSU, should have enough connectors to handle that 3 fans without problems.

puria101

Prominent
Jul 28, 2019
The RGB will works without problems.

The sync function only works with the AEOLUS M1-1403R, AEOLUS M1-1204R, and AEOLUS M1-1205R models.
Ok thanks i will just connect to psu instead by the way what do i do with the 3 pin rgb connection and the vdg connection do i just leave them not connected to anything?