Question Can't get signal if I connect my pc to my monitor via hdmi or displayport while pc is running

Oct 10, 2021
Hello to everyone!

I have built a new system and can't be sure if it is a problem with my hardware or not. Whenever I start my pc while plugged in and monitor is on, system boots just fine. But if I plug the cable (hdmi or Displayport, problem occured with both) after pressing the power button for some reason, both monitor and TV shows no signal and I need to restrart my system to get a signal. This happens if I press the power button of the monitor or TV after pressing the power button of the system.

Is there a problem with my system? Or should I always start my system while monitor is on and plugged in?
Thanks.

Oct 10, 2021
I had the same problem when I built my first pc about 2 weeks ago.. I tried 2 things that worked for me. One was booting up the pc without the pcie cables plugged into my graphics card, turning my pc off, and then powering it back on with the pcie cables plugged back into my graphics card. The second was resetting the cmos. I tried doing both at the same time, which worked for me. Here's a link if those don't work for you.
View: https://youtu.be/M7Hpkel7ro0

Reactions: TiredPhoenix
Oct 10, 2021
I had the same problem when I built my first pc about 2 weeks ago.. I tried 2 things that worked for me. One was booting up the pc without the pcie cables plugged into my graphics card, turning my pc off, and then powering it back on with the pcie cables plugged back into my graphics card. The second was resetting the cmos. I tried doing both at the same time, which worked for me. Here's a link if those don't work for you.
View: https://youtu.be/M7Hpkel7ro0

Thank you for answering! I tried those but the thing is, I can get a signal if my hdmi or displayport cable is already plugged in and monitor is powered on. The problem happens when I start my pc and then plug my cable or turn on my monitor. Nothing solved this and I suspect that there is a problem with the hardware.

TRENDING THREADS