Question Cant use tethering on my Iphone to give internet to my PC. Doesnt recognize my device (cant even access files)

Lavahit

Honorable
Mar 7, 2019
Been trying to connect my iphone 14 to my win10 pc and I don't even get a popup to choose what i want to do with that device, I sometimes get the "trust this device" popup on my phone and very rarely get the popup on the itunes app on the pc. (which also does nothing)
Will need some recommendations guys , things I have tried ,
"Maximize compatibility" on ,
"allow others to join",
reset network setting ,
changed name and password,
windows , phone and itunes all up to date ,
drivers up to date ,
have tried both my type c and usb cable ,
uninstalled and reinstalled phone driver, and a few more things,
All of those did nothing , please let me know of any ideas, fixes, experiences you have.
My motherboard doesn't have wifi. (Hotspot works fine with wifi)

Lmk if this isn't the right thread to post in and any additional information you might need.
I have pretty much tried everything i could find on the internet.

This is really annoying.

Lavahit

Honorable
Mar 7, 2019
You need to install the Apple iPhone-specific network driver. This is in the iTunes application installer.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/106372
Run the executable, reboot, then plug in the iPhone via USB.
You can uninstall iTunes later if you don't use it - Windows will keep the driver installed.
Re installed through the link , made me update it to the newer version , (couldn't launch on the previous one) and nothing changed. I have tried legit everything , and contacted apple support and they couldn't help either, I honestly think they have made the software bad on purpose.