[SOLVED] Case and Liquid cooler compatibility

Dec 9, 2020
I recently bought the NZXT H510 Elite case and the NZXT Kraken M22 Liquid cooler. I am really new to this stuff and didn’t do my research. Basically I bought the m22 which is one single fan because I thought it wouldn’t fit two fans with the radiator in the case thinking it would be attached to the top of it not to the side, the parts arrived a couple weeks back and I’m not home yet so I can’t start building or anything.

Now my problem is that from my understanding if I was to stick with the M22 I would only have one fan showing at the front of the case, or is there another way to keep two fans at the front and still use the single fan cooler somehow with the nzxt h510 elite.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Links for items in question:
https://www.nzxt.com/products/h510-elite-matte-white

Solution
You want to install a fan in the unused slot next to your single fan CPU cooler? Do so, nothing preventing it.

Perhaps you are looking at the way they installed it in the example for the cooler? They have the fans behind the radiator (to the left). You can just as easily put them in front of the radiator (to the right). Better the other way in terms of airflow, but if you have RGB fans like they show in the marketing images for the case then they have chosen to make that slight performance sacrifice.

{} = radiator
[] = fan
Front of case ->

Even fans in the front
{}[]
--[]

Uneven fans, but with best possible cooling
[]{}
--[]

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You want to install a fan in the unused slot next to your single fan CPU cooler? Do so, nothing preventing it.

Perhaps you are looking at the way they installed it in the example for the cooler? They have the fans behind the radiator (to the left). You can just as easily put them in front of the radiator (to the right). Better the other way in terms of airflow, but if you have RGB fans like they show in the marketing images for the case then they have chosen to make that slight performance sacrifice.

{} = radiator
[] = fan
Front of case ->

Even fans in the front
{}[]
--[]

[]{}
--[]

Last edited:
Reactions: Moeguy
Solution
Dec 9, 2020

{} = radiator
[] = fan
Front of case ->

Even fans in the front
{}[]
[]

[]{}
[]
I panicked a bit because as you explained I thought the radiator would go where the fans at the front stay, thinking about it now looking at some of the images would’ve probably solved my problem

Anyways, thank you for the quick response.