Aug 17, 2019
Hello everyone, quick recap:
I got an EVGA Rtx 2060 super XC that for the life of me couldn’t get to work in my system unless it's with generic windows display adapter drivers:
ROG STRIX x570-E Gaming
Ryzen 3800x
32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
Corsair RM850x PSU Gold 80Plus
WD Blue m.2 500gb SSD
WD Blue 250 gb SSD

Whole issue is explained on this thread, https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/new-gpu-no-video-after-windows-login.3574864/

So long story short Asus support claims it's probably a CPU/Mobo/GPU combo compatibility issue.
I'm kinda sold on this because if I swap the 3800x for a 1800x I have, everything works just fine. (I don't think the 3800x is the issue as it works with a Gt710 I had lying around, might be wrong though)

So now I'm looking for a replacement GPU that is compatible with my specs so I can test the Asus Support theory.
I haven't found a foolproof list of compatibility as their support website only list non super Rog Strix Rtx cards (2080, 2070, 2060) and is dated November 2019 and the fact I've seen pre built systems with my specs being sold (this is what has me doubtful about what Asus support says).
So I guess question is, is it recommended I stick to the ones above or could it be a safe buy to get any Rog Strix RTX Super card?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.