Question Computer automatically restart at the most random moments

Jul 24, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have build a computer 2 years ago, and everything in the computer worked perfectly for two years. A few weeks ago the computer shuts down and restarts at the most random moments (while playing games or even while searching on the internet). I use Windows as os, and that's not the issue, because I have already reinstalled the os and the computer has also restarted while I was working in the BIOS. I have already tested the computer with another psu, and that's also not the problem. I also updated the BIOS of my mobo to the latest version and I replaced de CMOS battery.

When the computer restart, sometimes it can boot in the os until he restart again. But sometimes the pc stuck at the ez debug leds of my MSI motherboard as you can see in the video.
Video: View: https://imgur.com/zqaiiVk

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to solve this problem? So I can use my computer again without the annoying restart.

Computer specs:
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 S 600W
Motherboard: MSI Z270-A pro
CPU: Intel Core I7 7700k
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB DDR4-2133
Graphics card: Asus GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Strix OC 4GB
Storage: 2xSamsung SSD 250GB

Thanks in advance!

Ralston18

Titan
Do you have the User Guide/Manual for the motherboard.

In the User Guide there should be a troubleshooting section that explains what the flashing EZ-Debug LED's are indicating.

That is the starting point.

In the meantime, with the computer being over two years old, has it every been opened up for cleaning and general reseating of cards and cables?

May simply be a component (RAM module perhaps) has crept loose over time.