[SOLVED] Computer eligible for Windows 10 key?

Feb 9, 2019
Hello all!

Straight to the point:

Is there any way to check if a computer is eligible for a valid Windows 10 key before installing?

I have a 4/5 year old mini-pc lying around. It currently runs Win7. I don't remember if it came with no OS or if with Win8 and downgraded.

Thanks!

Solution
If it has Windows 7 or 8, and a VALID license and is currently legitimately activated, then it should be eligible still for an upgrade to Windows 10. Last I checked, which was last month, the free upgrade was STILL working for current users of Windows 7 and 8. Realistically, there is only ONE way to check to see if the computer is eligible and that is to go to the control panel, system applet, and on the main system information tab look to see if it says genuine and activated. If it does, then it should not be a problem. If it does not, or indicates any kind of problem with the activation WITH the system connected to the internet via a wired or wireless connection (Because offline systems might still show activation from an earlier...
If it has Windows 7 or 8, and a VALID license and is currently legitimately activated, then it should be eligible still for an upgrade to Windows 10. Last I checked, which was last month, the free upgrade was STILL working for current users of Windows 7 and 8. Realistically, there is only ONE way to check to see if the computer is eligible and that is to go to the control panel, system applet, and on the main system information tab look to see if it says genuine and activated. If it does, then it should not be a problem. If it does not, or indicates any kind of problem with the activation WITH the system connected to the internet via a wired or wireless connection (Because offline systems might still show activation from an earlier period but then unactivate if it had an invalid key once connected), then it will still update, you'll just have a watermark and reminders to purchase a license.

Solution
Feb 9, 2019
If it has Windows 7 or 8, and a VALID license and is currently legitimately activated, then it should be eligible still for an upgrade to Windows 10. Last I checked, which was last month, the free upgrade was STILL working for current users of Windows 7 and 8. Realistically, there is only ONE way to check to see if the computer is eligible and that is to go to the control panel, system applet, and on the main system information tab look to see if it says genuine and activated. If it does, then it should not be a problem. If it does not, or indicates any kind of problem with the activation WITH the system connected to the internet via a wired or wireless connection (Because offline systems might still show activation from an earlier period but then unactivate if it had an invalid key once connected), then it will still update, you'll just have a watermark and reminders to purchase a license.

Thanks!