cwbrumm

Reputable
Aug 10, 2017
I recently upgraded to an RTX 2070 Super (which was working fine with my previous system). Last night I upgraded to an i7-9700K along with an AORUS Master Z390 mobo.

When I try to boot, the lights will turn on, fans will spin, the LED code indicator will run through a variety of codes, and it will turn itself off and re-start the process. Sometimes it does this just the one time, sometimes multiple times, before finally turning on and staying on with the code showing "A0" (which is what I want, apparently). I can get past the BIOS screen, but the system will freeze up almost immediately thereafter. On a few occasions I have made it to the login page in windows, but it either freezes before I can type in my password or immediately thereafter. It just always seems to be a random point after clearing the bios. I am trying to boot from a 120GB M.2 SSD.

Sometimes when I decide to enter the BIOS on startup, it will say my cmos has been cleared, even though I didn't clear it manually. This isn't always the case, though.

I've tried booting without GPU and with GPU in different PCIe slots. I've tried with only 1 stick of RAM (each one of my 2 sticks on their own), in both the A1 and B1 slots and with 2 sticks in A1/B1 and in A2/B2 slots. I've tried using the alternate 8-pin power slot. Tried just loosening CPU cooler. Uninstalled CPU cooler and inspected CPU chipset, no bent/broken pins and re-seated CPU. Tried re-seating the 24-pin connector. All combinations have the same result as stated above.

I don't know what to do at this point. Spending $1100 on upgrades to end up with a dead system can be quite discouraging. :/

Specs:
i7-9700K
AORUS Master Z390
Geforce RTX 2070 Super
GSkill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200Mhz DDR4
NZXT Kraken x62
Corsair 120GB SSD M.2
Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD