Discussion Computer only boots to asus bios - i know very little about computers HELP

Dec 4, 2020
I have a computer that was already bought prebuilt. While cleaning it I had broken the pins on the graphics card insert and got a new motherboard (asus prime z390-a). I unplugged everything and installed the new motherboard but when turning it back on it wouldnt stay on for more than a split second. I thought It was the power supply so then i changed the power (corsair cx750M).

Still nothing would turn on for long. I googled so much and tried switching where things where plugging in on the motherboard and nothing.
I read somewhere it may be the processor so I got a new Intel core i7-9700k 9th gen.

Upon replacing the processor it finally loads up on the monitor but it will not go past the bios boot. Sometimes it will but it then shows the mega trend screen and says cpu over temperature error. I've checked the heatsink for it being loose and even reapplied the thermal paste twice now.

Please someone help I've put over a grand into this so far and I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.

Dec 4, 2020
i would have taken it to a repair store and asked them to help before replacing any parts. That is still waht I would suggest now if you aren't very good with PC.
That's unfortunately what may have to happen. I was hoping to get good and knowing how to build a PC and upgrade the parts slowly as a project but that hasn't gone the way I had hoped.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it might be cheaper in long run. replacing motherboard is sort of forcing you to learn from scratch, whereas you better off learning by replacing an easier part. like a gpu.

You haven't had a working pc this entire time, and working from guesses. Not a good idea.

You need someone who knows where to start. Preferably not on a forum, but someone local.