[SOLVED] Computer performance problem !

MIDROU

Reputable
May 9, 2020
So here is the thing since i have bought my pc almost 2 years now it has been really weird the first time I noticed it is after having it being really slow on some games and after checking other builds like mine its seemed underperforming and after looking for a fix and doing all the basic stuff(fresh install of windows, uninstalling gpu drivers with ddu, flashing the gpu bois) i gave up and tried to ignore it but then after a while lt began annoying me again with some games lets take serious sam 4 for example wich even on the lowest settings could not hit 50 fps but after installing GTA 5 yesterday the same thing happened.

I will attach two screenshots so you can see what i am talking about in the first one i have GTA 5 on max settings which gives me around 30 - 50 fps unstable and the second one is GTA 5 with lowest settings which gives me 50 - 75 fps and i have NIVDIA CONTROL PANEL Vsync on so its capped at 75 fps but even though it still goes down to 50 and never stays stable and in large areas of the man it becomes really annoying and unplayable and i mean from max to lowest settings i souhld not give me just this boost it is realy anoying if anyone has anything like this or knows anything that could help please i have spent a lot to buy this build and its anoying to have it be like this. and from what i have been doing to fix this i do not think its a software probleme because like i said i have reinstalled everything but idk at this point it could be anything help please .

UserBenchmarkTest : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/42981632
Specs :
MOTHERBOARD- prime h310m-k r2.0
CPU - Intel Core i3-9100F
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 Super
RAM - Crucial CT8G4DFS8266.M8FD 1x8GB DDR4
SSD - Team T253X2256G 256GB
HDD - Samsung HD502HI 500GB
PSU - SOME BRAND CALLED TITAN ITS 430W

GTA 5 ULTRA SETTINGS : View: https://imgur.com/a/dXrz23Z

GTA 5 LOWEST SETTINGS : View: https://imgur.com/a/DxaMTMW

Last edited:
Solution
Please stop using it asap and buy a decent PSU. It can output MAX 264W in the 12V which is what matters. So the manufacturer lied about the wattage and I am pretty sure that it does not have proper protections. If it's also old, it has further degraded and can't output even that.
This is the Tier list:

Buy anything from tier B or above. I wouldn't go C unless you really really really REALLY can't afford ANY tier B.
So, you have 1 stick of 8GB RAM @2400MHz and you still try to find out why are you underperforming?

Any gaming PC in 2021 needs at least 16GB of RAM. There are way too many games that will run poorly on 8GB. You also need to have at least 2800+ MHz to gain a small boost from it AND 2 sticks to have the RAM running in DUAL CHANNEL.

In your userbenchmark link I can also see that you were definitely running something CPU heavy in the background while the benchmark run and that your SSD has less than 30% free space which WILL cripple it's speed.

MIDROU

Reputable
May 9, 2020
So, you have 1 stick of 8GB RAM @2400MHz and you still try to find out why are you underperforming?

Any gaming PC in 2021 needs at least 16GB of RAM. There are way too many games that will run poorly on 8GB. You also need to have at least 2800+ MHz to gain a small boost from it AND 2 sticks to have the RAM running in DUAL CHANNEL.

In your userbenchmark link I can also see that you were definitely running something CPU heavy in the background while the benchmark run and that your SSD has less than 30% free space which WILL cripple it's speed.

Yeah I just noticed the benchmark and ran it again with everything closed : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/42982190

but the thing is even with 8GB of ram why when switching from lowest settings to highest only gives me a slight boost of fps it should be more shouldn't it?

Please stop using it asap and buy a decent PSU. It can output MAX 264W in the 12V which is what matters. So the manufacturer lied about the wattage and I am pretty sure that it does not have proper protections. If it's also old, it has further degraded and can't output even that.
This is the Tier list:

Buy anything from tier B or above. I wouldn't go C unless you really really really REALLY can't afford ANY tier B.

Solution
No problem, glad to help.

There is always a risk when you use such low quality PSUs. They might fail at any time taking out other components with them or even worse, catching fire.

PSU is a hardware that you should never cheap out on and my rule of thumb is to spend around 10% of the total system cost. Also they do degrade with time so you need to change them at around the 5-6 year mark especially if you keep upgrading the rest of the hardware.

MIDROU

Reputable
May 9, 2020
No problem, glad to help.

There is always a risk when you use such low quality PSUs. They might fail at any time taking out other components with them or even worse, catching fire.

PSU is a hardware that you should never cheap out on and my rule of thumb is to spend around 10% of the total system cost. Also they do degrade with time so you need to change them at around the 5-6 year mark especially if you keep upgrading the rest of the hardware.
Thanks for everything but i just got one more question.
Would you recommend that i buy the psu or ram first because atm i cannot afford both bearly even one of them.

Definitely the PSU. You are risking each time you use the PC when you have that PSU In your system. If it fails and damages something else then you will be in bigger expenses.
RAM can be upgraded later as it will just offer performance instead of safety.