Question Computer turns off after 5 seconds

Noltez

Prominent
Mar 14, 2020
Cpu error after burning smell

Cpu error after burning smell Hey, a quick story for you guys. I was playing games with my cpu around 70-80c when I smelt the burning of dust. As soon as a smelt it I turned off my pc. Although dumb I turned it back on after 10mins when It cycled on and off around 10 times. I turned it off, tried again as it posted it read “preparing automatic repair” after 5 seconds of this screen the display turns off and a cpu error is seen on the mother board. I’m currently left at that and every time I turn on my pc it works for 5-10 seconds and shuts off. I was able to get it to BIOS after unplugging my hard drive. It lasted around 2 mins in my BIOS where it then power cycled 10 times over before I manually unplugged it. Thinking it’s a faulty psu I unplugged and see no physical damage around or in the psu.
I’m currently stuck and don’t know what I should do next. Helps really appreciated, thanks :)

Mother board : tomahawk b-450
Cpu: ryzen 2700x 4.0ghz OC
Psu: Corsair 550w
Gpu: rtx 2070 OC

Cpu error after burning smell

Cpu error after burning smell Hey, a quick story for you guys. I was playing games with my cpu around 70-80c when I smelt the burning of dust. As soon as a smelt it I turned off my pc. Although dumb I turned it back on after 10mins when It cycled on and off around 10 times. I turned it off, tried again as it posted it read “preparing automatic repair” after 5 seconds of this screen the display turns off and a cpu error is seen on the mother board. I’m currently left at that and every time I turn on my pc it works for 5-10 seconds and shuts off. I was able to get it to BIOS after unplugging my hard drive. It lasted around 2 mins in my BIOS where it then power cycled 10 times over before I manually unplugged it. Thinking it’s a faulty psu I unplugged and see no physical damage around or in the psu.
I’m currently stuck and don’t know what I should do next. Helps really appreciated, thanks :)

Mother board : tomahawk b-450
Cpu: ryzen 2700x 4.0ghz OC
Psu: Corsair 550w
Gpu: rtx 2070 OC
Might as well start with known good PSU.

TRENDING THREADS