Question Connection drops after I join my MC server, but it doesn't affect the network as a whole ?

Dustin_77

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
Recently i've been playing on a MC server I rent for my friends to play on and when I join I can play for about 5-8 min then i'm disconnected and no internet despite all the trouble shooters and utilities saying I do have internet. My other system (that is on the same network via cat6) doesn't lose internet, wifi doesn't drop, its just that one pc.

I've tried rolling back driver, updating windows, cmd commands, powershell commands, total network resets. NOTHING. Once I log into the server the event viewer pops out Name resolution for the name router.asus.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded. Even though I'm not using an asus router i'm using a Ubiq dream machine and haven't touched any settings involving the dns. What is happening and do I need to get a new PC or what?
PC specs

Ralston18

Titan
Run "ipconfig /all" via the Command Prompt and post the results.

Make and model information for the current modem, router, or modem/router if combined.

Also look in Reliability History/Monitor for error codes, warnings, or even informational events related to the 5 - 8 minute disconnects.

Check Task Scheduler as well. Could be some background app triggering the connection drops.